GroundWork, Inc. (www.gwos.com), the leading Unified Monitoring solution for IT operations management and cloud monitoring, today announced the first beta program for the new GroundWork LogHub, which integrates one or more log analysis solutions to GroundWork Monitor Enterprise. Combining unified monitoring with log analysis provides for faster trouble-shooting, improved root cause analysis, and more effective IT event correlation and forensic analysis.
GroundWork LogHub Beta 1 interfaces with the open source Elasticsearch ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash). It allows data search, display and filtering functions to be displayed natively within the GroundWork Monitor portal UI for seamless visualisation alongside other monitoring data.
Future releases of GroundWork LogHub are likely to include integrations with other popular log analysis tools, such as AppFirst, Sumo Logic and Splunk.
Earlier this year, GroundWork surveyed nearly 400 of its users to identify the importance of combining log file analysis capabilities to its unified monitoring solution.
Key Study findings:
- 37 percent of unified monitoring users are reviewing their IT logs via manual text search; 33 percent are already using log analysis software
- 96 percent find the ability to combine log field data with other monitoring event data into a single search tool and/or dashboard important
- 42 percent of users claim they do not have enough time to start analysing their IT log data; 18% say the cost is too high
These study findings echoed Gartner’s latest report, "Modernize Your Monitoring Strategy by Combining Unified Monitoring and Log Analytics Tools," on how to better manage today’s complex and dynamic IT environments.
According to Gartner, “Today's environments are increasingly converged, abstract and fluid, due to infrastructure advancements and virtualisation investments, resulting in IT teams needing a larger, broader and dynamic view of infrastructure health than ever before. Enterprise I&O teams should combine unified monitoring and log analytics technologies to build a simpler, faster and cost-effective approach to managing the availability of today's highly complex and dynamic environments.”
By integrating GroundWork Monitor Enterprise with log analysis tools, GroundWork LogHub provides:
- Bi-directional data flow between GroundWork Monitor and log analysis tools
- Correlated logfile-based data appears within the GroundWork Event Console for alerting, notification and actions
- Non-logfile data, such as performance or availability metrics, can be pushed to log analysis tools to improve search results
- Sending state changes, downtime schedules and other event data generated within GroundWork to the remote log analysis tool, improving the accuracy, precision and coverage of Log Analysis both for event correlation and forensic analysis
- Using a distributed log analysis tool for the collection and correlation of log data improves scalability and capability for monitoring Big Data systems, providing much improved correlation logic between log data and other monitoring events
If you’re interested in participating in the GroundWork LogHub Beta, please register at: http://www.gwos.com/loghubbeta1
To view the preview video of the GroundWork Logstash integration, see: http://www.gwos.com/2014/groundwork-logstash-integration-beta/
To get your copy of the Gartner paper "Modernize Your Monitoring Strategy by Combining Unified Monitoring and Log Analytics Tools," mentioned above, see: http://www.gwos.com/gartner-modernize-monitoring
Tel: +44 (0)1522 883640