New Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-AC Access Points Deliver High Speed Connectivity and Capabilities to Extend a Wireless Network
Rushton, UK – March 31, 2014 – Linksys® today announced at the Interop show in Las Vegas, the expansion of its business networking line-up with two new 802.11ac Access Points. These new access points allow network administrators, resellers and businesses to deploy a high-speed wireless network or upgrade their existing wireless infrastructure to the latest 802.11ac technology. The new access points deliver up to three time faster speeds* for connected devices and more Wi-Fi capability for the Small and Medium Business (SMB) environment.
“With the proliferation of mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets in business environments, the need for faster Wi-Fi and more capacity is evident. And with the Internet of Things moving into the office environment, everything will become connected going forward. It starts with notebooks and smartphones, but as we look forward, door locks, card scanners, cameras and security sensors can also be added to that list,” said Steven Lin, director of Linksys business products. “The Linksys Wireless-AC Access Points help provide manageable dual-band high speed wireless access along with Power-over-Ethernet, bridge mode for range extension and other advanced features SMBs need today.”
The ratified 802.11ac is the new wireless standard for client devices such as laptops, tablets and smart phones going forward. Future-proofing new networks or upgrading older wireless-G or N networks with Wireless-AC routers and access points provide businesses with the high performance wireless functionality that offices, large or small require.
Features of the new Linksys Wireless-AC Access Points include:
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac Dual Band support
- Data Rates up to 1200 Mbps – Linksys AC1200 Dual Band Access Point (LAPAC1200)
- Data Rates up to 1750Mbps – Linksys AC1750 Dual Band Access Point (LAPAC1750)
- LAPAC1200 has a MIMO 2X2 configuration
- LAPAC1750 has a MIMO 3X3 configuration
- Support as Powered Device with 802.3at (PoE+)
- Support for up to 16 different SSID’s
- Configurable as a Workgroup Bridge for range extension
- Designed for ceiling or wall mounting
- Industrial-strength Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2) security and data encryption
- Advanced security and preventions (802.1X Supplicant, SSID to VLAN Mapping, MAC Access Control, Rogue AP detection)
- Set-up and management through the Web Interface or Simple Network Management Protocol
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- IPv6 support
Next-Generation Wi-Fi Connectivity
The Linksys Business Wireless-AC Dual Band Access Point supports the latest 802.11ac technology, which provides up to a three times* performance increase from 802.11n. Enhancements such as wider 80 MHz channels provide greater data bandwidth while operating in the less-crowded 5 GHz band space. With this increase in Wi-Fi freedom, wireless clients can experience faster speeds while maximising their performance in coverage and range.
The Linksys Business Wireless-AC Dual Band Access Point can be deployed as a typical access point, or set up as a workgroup bridge to extend your wireless range coverage.
Easy to Use
The Linksys Business Wireless-AC Dual Band Access Points are integrated with 802.3at PoE+ capability to eliminate extra power adapters and offer optimal placement. It also provides an intuitive web administrative interface, easy to set up and easy to use.
Advanced Security over Wireless
The Linksys Business Wireless-AC Dual Band Access Points protect and secures a wireless network with business-class security features including Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2), 802.1X Supplicant Authentication, MAC-based ACL, Rouge AP Detection, SSID-to-VLAN Mapping, Wireless Scheduler, and more.
The Linksys Business Wireless-AC Access Points are planned to roll out in April through major distributors. SMBs and resellers can find a participating distributor at our website: http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/business/find-a-distributor
- Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Access Point (LAPAC1200) MSRP £151.90
- Wireless-AC1750 Dual Band Access Point (LAPAC1750) MSRP £202.30