Enhancements help application producers expand their installation capabilities into complex environments while improving the customer experience
Maidenhead, UK – October 21, 2013 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today the launch of InstallAnywhere 2013. The new release helps software vendors, intelligent device manufacturers and their customers support the latest operating systems and better manage application installations within the increasingly complex physical, virtual, and cloud-based environments in which organizations operate.
“Virtualization and the cloud continue to deliver a myriad of benefits for both application producers and their customers,” said Maureen Polte, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. “To accommodate both existing and emerging environments, producers must continue to support the physical configurations that many customers still need and want, while meeting the growing demand for delivering applications as cloud-based offerings. InstallAnywhere 2013 is the most sophisticated multi-platform installation solution, facilitating the support of the full range of environments in which today’s applications are being deployed.”
InstallAnywhere 2013 enhancements include:
- Support for Pure 64-Bit Installation: Software installations commonly require access to 32-bit Windows functions, even when installing 64-bit applications to 64-bit servers. This 32-bit requirement causes problems when supporting Windows Server Core deployments where 32-bit support is often disabled. InstallAnywhere 2013 helps eliminate these challenges by creating pure 64-bit installations.
- Building Multi-Tier Virtual Appliances: Software customers often have difficulty evaluating multi-tiered applications and deploying them into production. For application producers, these difficulties extend sales cycles and unnecessarily burden services and support teams. InstallAnywhere 2013 bundles several virtual machines into a single enterprise-ready virtual appliance, simplifying the evaluation experience as well as the deployment of complex, multi-tiered applications.
- Streamlined Virtual Appliance Builds: Producers interested in building virtual appliances for their applications often are concerned about their lack of experience or training with the related technologies. InstallAnywhere 2013 helps resolve this problem by enabling developers and release engineers to build enterprise-ready virtual appliances directly from the virtual machines they already use for development and testing.
- Support for the Latest Versions of Windows, OS X, Linux: InstallAnywhere includes support for the latest platforms including: Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Solaris 11 Sparc, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, Z/OS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Fedora 16. InstallAnywhere 2013 also includes support for the Developer Preview of Apple OS X Mavericks (10.9).
- Windows Digital Signatures: Since the introduction of Windows User Account Control (UAC), installations targeting Windows need to be digitally signed to avoid customer-facing security warnings. These security warnings can cause confusion and a poor end user experience. InstallAnywhere 2013 now enables producers to digitally sign Windows installations, ensuring that applications install securely without misleading UAC warning messages.
- Smoother Navigation with Updated User Interface: InstallAnywhere 2013 has an updated user interface that includes improved performance, more intuitive navigation, and consolidated views with inline help.