Technology -> Systems Mgmt
Released: 16th August 2013
Publisher: baramundi software
Based in Augsburg, Germany, the maker of management software for PC clients, servers and mobile devices has also rolled out two new releases of baramundi Management Suite this year, substantially expanding on the product’s mobile device management capabilities.
Developed in-house at baramundi’s headquarters, the solution now benefits from the addition of compliance management components for smartphones and tablets. This capability provides network administrator with a single ‘bird's-eye view’ of the devices violating company guidelines. This includes everything from the use of banned applications through to the modification of firmware - jail-breaking or root access. There are also options for automatic countermeasures if required. In addition, a large number of optimised functions make ease-of-use simpler than ever before.
Dynamic, Stable Growth
Likewise, baramundi, which is self-sustaining without any outside capital, saw similar financial success. By the end of 2012, it had already exceeded 1,000 customers, and in the first half of 2013, acquired 135 more.
Uwe Beikirch, Management Board Member at baramundi software AG commented: "Our success in sales has shown that we are offering the right solutions at excellent quality. We are particularly pleased by the outstanding evaluation we received from our employees, whose motivation is the basis of our company's success and strong level of customer satisfaction. baramundi will continue expanding in the second half of the year and building its presence in other European countries. "
Awards for Product Quality and Employee Satisfaction
In 2013, baramundi was awarded the honor of "Software Made in Germany" for the second time from the Bundesverband IT-Mittelstand trade organisation for its top-quality product, services, and support, as well as for its continuous development of the baramundi Management Suite. baramundi’s employees have expressed their satisfaction too. For the second year running, baramundi was ranked as one of Germany’s Best Employers in the nationwide Great Place to Work® competition. Plus, baramundi joined the ranks of Germany's best employers in the IT sector. In both cases, the evaluation was based on a staff survey investigating workplace satisfaction.
Doing Our Part for Society and the Environment
These encouraging developments at baramundi are having a positive impact beyond its own four walls. In addition to supporting regional youth and athletics projects, the software maker has begun working with the global climate initiative Plant-for-the-Planet and donated €15,000 to the organisation in April. The donation was part of a multi-year collaboration that began in fall 2012.
baramundi software AG
baramundi software AG develops and sells client and server management software solutions for the central and automated management of Microsoft-based IT environments. The company's portfolio is built up around baramundi Management Suite. For the last 13 years, more than 1,000 customers and companies of all sizes and from all sectors have benefited from our extensive experience and product innovations. Based in Augsburg, Germany, baramundi was founded in 2000 and currently employs 90 members of staff. As an innovative and responsible employer, baramundi software AG works closely with universities in the region and contributes to training the next generation of specialists. Since 2006, the company has been offering specialist training as a recognized training establishment.
baramundi Management Suite
baramundi Management Suite manages PC workstations and servers throughout their lifecycle, across the entire company and at multiple locations. It manages installations and patches automatically, takes an inventory of the network environment, backs up and secures data, and informs you of the exact status of the entire network and individual clients. The suite also includes a solution for the administration of mobile devices, which automatically integrates them into the IT network and manages them.
The highly flexible solution consists of the following modules
- baramundi OS-Install for native operating system installation
- baramundi OS-Cloning for installation by cloning
- baramundi Deploy for software deployment
- baramundi Automate as command language for administrative tasks
- baramundi Managed Software with tested and ready-to-deploy software packages
- baramundi Mobile Devices for mobile device management
- baramundi Inventory for hardware and software inventory management
- baramundi AUT for identification of unused software
- baramundi Patch Management for automatic patch deployment
- baramundi Device Control for effective protection of all devices, data, and files
- baramundi Application Control for secure execution of authorized applications
- baramundi Disaster Recovery for backup and recovery
- baramundi Personal Backup for personal data backups
- baramundi Citrix for the management of Citrix Presentation server farms
- baramundi Remote Control for controlling and managing clients remotely
- baramundi Energy Management for energy-efficient IT management
- baramundi Connect for the flexible connection of additional solutions
Published by: electronicdawn Ltd.