Wokingham, U.K. – January 10, 2013 – Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle today announced the availability of RapidRebuild in its highly scalable clustered scale-out NAS solutions. With the integrated RapidRebuild feature, SnapScale is able to recover data quickly and maximise uptime by intelligently rebuilding only the used blocks on a drive. By utilising RapidRebuild, SnapScale significantly reduces the rebuild time of large capacity drives, providing optimised high availability and continual data access.
SnapScale delivers a simple to deploy, easy to manage, high-performance solution that provides 99.999% uptime and a no-single-point-of-failure architecture for maximum data protection. Combining the RapidRebuild feature with the newly-available 4TB Nearline SAS drives for SnapScale offers a combination of enterprise features and increased capacity, further enabling users to meet the needs of business-critical environments, as well as the high-capacity and high-density performance requirements of cloud and scale-out computing.
SnapScale Delivers Unprecedented Capacity, Performance and Simplicity Including:
- The ability to rebuild and recover data quickly and seamlessly: SnapScale’s integrated RapidRebuild feature optimises high availability by intelligently rebuilding only the used blocks on the drive. This is especially critical when deploying high capacity drives, ensuring efficient rebuild times and maximised uptime. Rebuilding large capacity disks without RapidRebuild could take hours or even days.
- Storing and protecting data at higher densities: With the ability to support 4TB Nearline SAS drives, companies can now take advantage of unprecedented storage capacity to meet growing storage requirements, while consolidating hundreds of petabytes of capacity under one global namespace.
- Significant savings on power, cooling and rack space: Utilising 4TB Nearline SAS drives allows for the reduction of the number of nodes being supported in the data center. With the ability to maximise density, companies can achieve reduced power, cooling costs and increased space efficiencies.
- Easily upgrade your current environment: With the latest 4TB Nearline SAS now available on the SnapScale X2, companies can upgrade their capacity with larger drives while replacing older smaller capacity drives. This feature will enable a pay-as-you-grow model that will not require the purchase of new nodes, further optimising storage capacity and increasing cost savings.
“Companies with growing data storage needs require reliable storage solutions that offer high-density storage and performance. The storage ecosystem needs to be easily expandable and simple to manage not just initially, but over time. SnapScale’s enterprise-class features, such as RapidRebuild, enable companies to better maximise the protection of their assets more efficiently than traditional RAID implementations,” said Joe Disher, Director of Product Marketing for Disk Based Products, Overland Storage. “Our early support of 4TB Nearline SAS drives is further proof of our commitment to bring our customers the best technology to support the rapidly growing storage needs of our customers.”
The Overland Storage SnapScale Clustered NAS with RapidRebuild and 4TB Nearline SAS drives are available immediately from a worldwide network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information visit: www.overlandstorage.com.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival, and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland RapidRebuild, SnapScale, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit www.overlandstorage.com.
Connect with Overland Storage:
- Follow Overland on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OverlandStorage
- Visit Overland on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OverlandStorage
Overland Storage, RapidRebuild, SnapScale, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series, REO Series and the Overland logo are trademarks of Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
Emily Gallagher/Carolyn Boosey
+44 (0) 1252 717 040