Bellevue, WA, September 24, 2012: Intego, the market leader in Mac security, today released a new version of VirusBarrier iOS, its malware scanner for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. With its easy-to-use interface and integrated functionality, VirusBarrier iOS makes scanning email attachments quicker and simpler than ever before.
As mobile and portable devices continue to gain popularity, it’s absolutely crucial to ensure that infected files and attachments aren’t getting passed from devices to home computers. VirusBarrier iOS takes security a step further by scanning email attachments to make sure they’re safe to open. Once installed, the app prompts to scan email attachments that the user tries to open. The scanner’s intuitive interface allows users to launch safe files and alerts them whenever suspicious attachments have been discovered.
In addition to scanning email attachments, VirusBarrier iOS lets users manually scan remote locations such as websites, FTP sites, Dropbox shares, or WebDAV disks. Automatic updates ensure ongoing protection from the latest, most recent Mac, Windows, and Unix threats.
VirusBarrier iOS is powered by Intego’s award-winning VirusBarrier X6 scanning technology and includes the following functionality:
- Prevents the transfer of malware from your iOS devices to your computers by scanning files, ZIP archives, and email attachments for Mac, Windows and Unix viruses and malware
- Protects your devices by scanning files for spyware, adware, keyloggers, Trojan Horses, and more
- Repairs infected files and keeps a log of all scans
- Scans your folders stored in remote locations such as Dropbox, iDisks and WebDAV disks
- Updates with the most recent malware definitions to ensure you’re protected from the newest and latest threats
An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or newer
Intego develops and sells Internet security and privacy software exclusively for Macs and iOS devices. Its multilingual software and support regularly receives awards from Mac magazines and protects more than one million users in over 100 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan. For further information, visit www.intego.com.
Always Apple. Always a step ahead.