Bracknell —Nov. 21, 2013— Riverbed Technology has today announced a milestone in the integration of its market leading Riverbed Steelhead® wide area network (WAN) optimisation product family and its Riverbed Cascade® network performance management (NPM) product family with the introduction of Cascade Profiler and Shark 10.5. Customers globally now have a single integrated WAN Optimisation and Performance Management solution that can deliver application acceleration anywhere while enhancing end-user experience and visibility. With the integrated solution, operations teams now have the application intelligence and network visibility they need to prioritise business-critical applications over less-critical applications to ensure performance and reduce the risk and impact of application downtime.
Today’s enterprises need the flexibility to deliver web-based applications and real-time, unified communications globally across complex, hybrid networks and infrastructure. In order to deliver the best end-user experience, networks have to understand consolidated web traffic and real-time, critical unified communications traffic across an agile and rapidly changing infrastructure. Without detailed application visibility, IT teams are unable to guarantee the quality of service and performance of business-critical applications that businesses demand. By solving this challenge, Cascade 10.5 gives IT managers and operations teams real-time application visibility and control across their Steelhead WAN optimised environments so they can efficiently allocate network and IT resources in line with their business’ priorities.
Read blog post:
Judge The Success Of Your Project With End User Silence: http://rvbd.ly/17zrfIu
Extending Visibility and Control Across the Enterprise
With Cascade Profiler and Shark 10.5 integrated with Steelhead, customers can now do more with their existing enterprise-wide Steelhead footprint without any need for additional hardware or probes to get increased visibility and control. Key features include:
- Visibility into today’s critical applications with deep packet inspection
- Enterprise wide quality of service (QoS) and Path Selection technology to help prioritise the delivery of mission-critical applications over faster networks, while delivering less critical applications over less expensive commodity Internet links
- Centralised monitoring of QoS policies to visualise under or over-provisioning of bandwidth
- Critical real-time collaboration and unified communication visibility and monitoring
- Fully integrated Cascade Shark packet capture software into Steelhead
"Managing the network and applications for over 360 supported dental practices across the United States, we rely on our network and web-based applications for our business success,” said Jason Irby, network administrator, Pacific Dental Services, a California-based company with hundreds of offices throughout 10 states. “A challenge we face is the ability to prioritise business and patient-critical applications on our network. Without deep packet application visibility, the network is blind to application priority. Cascade 10.5 and its integration with Steelhead will help us extend our application and network visibility to meet our number one priority, the dental health of patients of Pacific Dental Services-supported clinicians. This new release will be a solid building block to our existing Riverbed environment and will narrow the gap between managing business priorities for applications and directing responsiveness and control to our digital dental practice network."
“Today’s data center environment is a mix of diverse users, mobile devices and cloud innovations. IT managers require the tools necessary to monitor, manage and accelerate application performance anywhere and everywhere,” said Paul Brady, senior vice president and general manager of Riverbed Performance Management. “Whether you’re monitoring VoIP traffic, peer-to-peer collaboration or business-critical web applications, with Riverbed, you can stay ahead of problems and ensure your business priorities dictate how your network behaves and not the other way around.”
Cascade 10.5 is generally available today. Fully enabled Cascade Shark on Steelhead EX is expected to be GA in Q4 2013.
To watch the live webcast of Riverbed Analyst Day 2013 go to http://www.visualwebcaster.com/RiverbedAnalystDay
- Feature Brief: Cascade 10.5 What’s New: http://rvbd.ly/1bADbZT
- Fast Facts: 10 Steps to Application and Network Performance Nirvana: http://rvbd.ly/1bADjbI
- Infographic: The Path to Network Performance Nirvana: http://rvbd.ly/1bANNb8
- SlideShare: Cascade 10.5: Visibility & Control: http://rvbd.ly/1eWpl7c
- Video Demo: Cascade 10.5 Network and Application Visibility Demo: http://rvbd.ly/1bACGiz
- Flickr Image Library: Cascade 10.5 Family: http://rvbd.ly/1eWpiIM
- ESG Whitepaper: The Application Deluge and Visibility Imperative [Registration Required]: Http://rvbd.ly/1eWk2or
Connect with Riverbed