Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, this year celebrates 110 years of technology leadership. Founded in 1903 in Connecticut on the strength of founder Carl F. Siemon's hardened plastic compounds and pioneering telecommunications technologies, the company has reached new heights through its ongoing product innovation and commitment to delivering superior service.
“Today, Siemon has a local presence in 38 countries, including a global network of certified installers, distributors and logistic centres servicing customers in over 100 countries, all backed by a worldwide team of technical and sales support experts,” explained Robert Carlson, vice president of global marketing at Siemon. “In recent years, the company has reinforced its emphasis on supporting channel partners and customers worldwide, with new capabilities and services; the Standards Informant website to deliver up-to-date information on industry standards; and the online Contractor Pitstop resource, which provides news and information focused on helping our contractor partners to grow their businesses.”
As part of its commitment to industry advancement, Siemon remains actively involved with industry associations and standards organisations around the world, including key leadership roles in TIA, ISO/IEC and IEEE. Siemon has also succeeded in enhancing value-added services through complementary partnerships and proactive marketing relationships, including becoming a Cisco Technology Developer Partner and Tier 1 IBM Business Partner.
Siemon manufactures a broad range of fibre and copper network connectivity and cable management products under strict standards and process controls - a capability that produces the highest product quality, performance and consistency.
After 110 years, Siemon's unique family culture, product innovation, US manufacturing and commitment to continuous improvement remain stronger than ever. The company's latest copper and fibre innovations offer key performance and installation differentiators for the data centre, LAN and intelligent building alike. Following are just some of Siemon's product development milestones:
- Z-MAX® 6A shielded and UTP solution with the highest category 6A/class EA margins and fastest termination time
- TERA® fully-shielded solution that offers the highest twisted-pair copper cabling performance available
- Pre-terminated MTP fibre plug-and-play assemblies for 10, 40 and 100Gbs applications
- LC BladePatch® fibre jumpers that revolutionize high-density patching with a patented push-pull boot design
- VersaPOD® data centre cabinet with Zero-U patching and cable management for improved air flow and efficiency
- Feature-rich V600 cabinet for lightweight stability, accessibility and superior airflow
- Ultra-efficient IcePack™ cooling door system for challenging data centre hotspots
- XLR8® fibre termination kit that offers fast, reliable, high-performance field terminations in half the time
- Innovative intelligent Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with real-time monitoring for maximizing uptime
- MapIT® G2 infrastructure management with enhanced connectivity tracking and complete intelligent visibility
- Full offering of interoperable high speed interconnect assemblies for point-to-point applications
One of Siemon's greatest achievements is its ongoing commitment to protecting and preserving the environment. Siemon is proud to now be 179 per cent carbon negative across its entire operations with zero-landfill status - all made possible through the use of lean solar energy, 99 per cent waste elimination initiatives, employee incentives and its award-winning sustainable 3,000-acre Branch Hill Tree Farm. As part of that commitment, Siemon continues to develop energy-efficient data centre solutions and ConvergeIT Intelligent Building systems for improved efficiency and sustainability across a variety of markets and applications.
As it celebrates 110 years as a five generation family-owned and operated business, the Siemon family is proud of the world-wide team's unwavering support and dedication. Visit www.siemon.com and join Siemon in celebrating its 20th century values, 21st century vision and longstanding commitment to both innovation and sustainable operation.
Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specialising in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance, low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for data centres, LANs and intelligent buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning over 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suite of copper and optical fibre cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data centre power and cooling systems and intelligent infrastructure management solutions. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of industry standards, underlining the company’s long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry.