San Diego, Calif – June 25, 2013 – Roambi, the stunning business app that redesigns the way the world interacts with data, today announced the launch of Roambi Business, the company’s new secure cloud platform. Roambi Business helps democratize data from a variety of sources by providing organizations of all sizes -- from SMBs to Fortune 50 companies -- with instant access to data-derived insights, without having to invest in upfront or additional infrastructure costs and IT resources. Whether it’s big data, Excel spreadsheets, CRM systems, databases, or traditional business intelligence systems, Roambi Business transforms data to illuminate important issues and deliver key insights.
“Roambi Business is a big step forward for the data publishers and analysts supporting Roambi,” said Riley Newman, Head of Analytics at Airbnb. "User and content management is now much easier and more intuitive, and the introduction of the API has helped further streamline our automated processes that keep our Roambi views up to date.”
“Mobility means that more people require access to their data in a manner they can more easily understand it. This is not just a need for mobile reports - fully interactive visualizations of dynamically changing data are required in order for the mobile worker to gain the maximum productivity,” said Clive Longbottom, analyst and founder, Quocirca. “For highest availability and the avoidance of management and maintenance headaches, Quocirca believes that a cloud-based approach gives the best results.”
Roambi Business extends big data insights to every level of an organization, providing line managers to C-level executives with the ability to view and interact with up-to-the minute company information from the palm of their hand. Alongside its new cloud offering, Roambi also announced the launch of its North American Partner Program, a new program that provides both solution and referral partners a unique opportunity to share in the exponentially growing mobility market.
Key Roambi Business features include:
- A cloud-based platform: A secure, scalable solution hosted on Amazon Web Services.
- Re-designed Publisher: A simple, productivity style app that lets users easily create high-end visualizations from any device, including tablets.
- Robust Administration: A full suite of powerful administrative features that gives admins all the tools they need to manage their users, content, devices, and more.
- Application Security: Roambi's suite of innovative features to centrally secure on-device content, like remote wipe, file expiration, application passcodes, and file recall.
- Publishing API that serves as a conduit for data and enables customers to automate data imports, create Roambi reports, and refresh data.
- Single Sign On with SAML 2.0 for optimal security and seamless access to content.
- Offline Access to all the data that matters for a true anytime, anywhere experience.
“Data of all sizes is breaking loose from the iron grip of on-premise databases and moving to the cloud,” said Santiago Becerra, Co-Founder and CEO of Roambi. “By bringing the Roambi experience to the cloud we are offering mobile workers in organizations of all sizes the ability to access and use critical business data whenever and wherever it makes sense. Roambi is at the nexus of three converging business trends: cloud computing, big data, and mobility. With the launch of Roambi Business we feel we are in a strong position to help our customer and partner network maximize business success while capitalizing on these technology trends.”
Furthermore, today Roambi released a “Big Data, Big Insights” study that reveals a growing demand for mobile and visual data access across organizations. Key study findings taken from a pool of customers and partners include:
- In a Boom, Businesses Double-Down on Data: Nearly half (47 percent) have seen stronger than expected business growth in Q1 of 2013 and 69 percent plan to increase technology investments this year. Top three spending priorities are data visualization tools, mobile hardware or software, and business intelligence/big data solutions.
- Mobile Madness: The overwhelming majority (70 percent) conducts half or more of business outside of the office. This trend will only accelerate as 82 percent expect the mobile or remote work to increase this year.
- On-the-Go Productivity is on the Rise: 82 percent said they are just as productive or more productive when working outside the office. Access to critical business documents and apps on mobile devices is cited as most helpful in boosting productivity.
- Seeing is Believing: Respondents ranked data visualization second only to email as the most critical mobile app and said interactive charts and graphs reveal the most helpful business insights. PowerPoint presentations, text-only reports and Excel spreadsheets are among the least effective formats for understanding and presenting data, respondents said.
- Big Data, Big Surprises: 83 percent have been surprised by what their data reveals. More than a third characterize data as overwhelming or anxiety-producing.
Roambi Business is priced at $39 per user per month, with a one-year minimum contract and 10 user minimum, and is available starting today. For more information on the Roambi Business, visit: http://www.roambi.com.
Tel: +44 (0)1522 883640