23rd April 2014 – London, UK - Experian Data Quality (previously Experian QAS), a wholly owned subsidiary of the global information services company Experian, has today announced the UK availability of its new cloud-based email validation software, which offers faster validation speed, simplified response codes and significantly improved match rates over previous versions, allowing businesses to maximize return on investment and communication efforts through the email channel. The solution comes at a time when businesses are facing more and more pressure to enhance customer retention while engaging with them through multiple devices and channels. Despite the growth in social media, email is still the preferred form of communication with 2.9 billion email accounts/users and188 billion emails sent daily*. Email validation is therefore a crucial element of businesses’ wider communications strategy as they try to engage and maintain customers. The enhanced email validation capability ensures an organisation’s entire customer and prospect list contains valid and deliverable email addresses, allowing them to better communicate with each party. Sending email to invalid addresses negatively affects a sender’s reputation and can leads to ISPs filtering and blocking email from that source. In turn this significantly impacts the performance of future e-mail marketing and customer service communications. This, in turn, leads to:-
- Loss of Earnings
- Bad customer relations
- Poor customer retention
- Regulatory and Compliance problems
Experian Data Quality’s Email Validation service offers a number of key features to improve the efficiency and delivery rate of customer and email marketing communications:
- Real-time validation at the point of collection - Experian Data Quality’s premium hosted email validation solution increases data quality at the point of collection. Whether organisations choose to implement on web forms, at a point of sale, or in a call centre environment, Experian Data Quality helps catch mistyped email addresses and prompts customers to make corrections ensuring only accurate and actionable contact information is captured.
- Automated batch hygiene - Email address files are automatically uploaded to a secure FTP website on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis for validation. Within a few hours, the file and its results are put back onto the secure FTP site for customer retrieval.
- Bulk list validation – Organisations can validate their entire email data list on a regular or ad hoc basis depending on their individual requirements. Experian Data Quality will process the file and provide a summary of the results.
“At every point in the customer and prospect life cycle, the e-mail address is now more important than ever before – it's a critical link between brands and consumers,” said Joel Curry, Managing Director of Experian Data Quality. “Our new email validation enhancements are focused on helping clients efficiently and accurately capture contact data to enable downstream processes, analytics and cross-channel marketing, while improving the integrity of the email data they already hold.”
Experian Data Quality’s email validation service is available in a number of deployment scenarios including Software as a Service in order to meet the individual needs of customers. For more information visit www.qas.co.uk/email.
* Data source – The Relevancy group 11/2013.
About Experian Data Quality
Experian Data Quality is renowned for assisting customers with their unique data quality challenges. Providing a comprehensive toolkit for data quality projects combining market leading software with a vast scope of reference data assets and services EDQ’s mission is to put customers in a position to make the right decisions from accurate and reliable data. Established in 1990 with offices throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, Experian Data Quality has more than 13,500 clients worldwide in retail, finance, education, insurance, government, healthcare and other sectors.
About Experian Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. The Group helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2013 was US$4.7 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com
Tel : +44 (0)1483 489009