Mimecast believes improvement reflects 12 months of sustained product innovation and customer adoption
London, UK – 21st November 2013 – Mimecast has been recognised by Gartner as a ‘Challenger’ in this year’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving*. Mimecast was a new entrant to the Magic Quadrant last year, and has since invested significantly in product innovation and seen strong customer adoption of its archive solutions. Mimecast is a cloud-based, email archiving, security and continuity provider.
Matthew Ravden, Mimecast Chief Strategy Officer, said: “We have made significant progress over the last year in both product development and customer adoption for our archiving business. Our archiving solutions have extended this year, bringing benefits to IT administrators and compliance officers. It doesn’t stop there. We have also brought the searchable archive to end-users at their desks and, importantly, securely to their mobile devices.”
Since the 2012 report Mimecast has:
- Mimecast Lync Archive – enables organisations to archive Lync Instant Message conversations, shared files and whiteboards.
- Mimecast Large File Send for Outlook – a cloud-based large file sending service that enables end-users to send files up to 2 GB via a secure, centrally managed service that remains compliant with existing enterprise IT policy.
- Mimecast Services for Office 365 – a range of cloud services designed to enhance the core capabilities of Microsoft Office 365 in the areas of archiving, continuity and security, to address a common need for extended compliance, governance, security and email continuity capabilities.
- Mimecast Services for Outlook Web App.
- Mimecast File Archive – a cloud-based file archiving solution that brings all file data together into an instantly accessible, compliant archive. It stores shared files alongside email data, giving access to both types of data together. It archive files from Network Shares, Home Drives and Microsoft SharePoint, as well as cloud services such as Box and Dropbox.
- Mimecast Mobile Archive – access to a fully searchable, bottomless email store from a smartphone or tablet. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
- Mimecast Services for SharePoint – inclusion of SharePoint files in the central archive.
- Grown its archiving customer base by 32 per cent in the year from June 2012.