Workshare today announced the arrival of Professional 8, a new, simple, and controlled way for users to compare and share files securely. The business-ready application helps IT to reduce the number of unauthorized, consumer-grade systems being used in the workplace, while also addressing users’ needs for simplicity. Professional 8 is available as a free upgrade for current customers and is also available as a trial for 30 days.
Today more than 1.8 million users and 16,000 businesses, including Accenture, Bird & Bird, and JP Morgan Chase, collaborate and accurately compare documents using Workshare. For the first time, customers can benefit from enhanced levels of control with Professional 8’s Interactive Protect feature, which automatically scans for and removes sensitive hidden data within documents. The simple feature allows users to continue working as they want to, with no interruptions from pop-ups or Outlook add-in issues.
Jim Cook, Director, Advanced Technology at International law firm, Kutak Rock commented, “The Interactive Protect feature is a great enhancement to the product and will really benefit users, especially those in highly regulated sectors who need to have complete control over files being shared and accessed. As a customer, we’re pleased to see the continual feature and functional advancements Workshare is bringing to the market, and we are looking forward to seeing the product available to our users.”
Professional 8 has a number of additional unique features:
- Secure file exchange – Provides secure file sharing from anywhere with end-to-end encryption and files replaced with links – all for owners to control who is able to access documents and what they can do with them
- Workshare Business edition – Comes with Professional 8 and includes desktop and mobile applications that allow users to sync documents across all devices
- Interactive Protect feature – To simplify hidden-data (metadata) cleaning, avoid email pop-ups, and eliminate Outlook add-in issues
- New ways to compare – Simplifies document comparison and extends supported files to non-text-based PDFs by integrating OCR functionality in the desktop application
- Simple ECM integration – Integrates comparison functionality with NetDocuments, completing a wide range of ECM/DMS vendor integrations, including SharePoint, iManage, and OpenText
- PDF/A – Saves redlines and finished documents as PDF/A, a mandatory archiving system to support in U.S. court filings