BAAR, Switzerland, April 17, 2013 - Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, today announced that it has been awarded two U.S. Patents for key capabilities found within its flagship product, Veeam Backup & Replication™.
U.S. Patent No. 8,332,689 B2 covers technology including support for Instant VM Recovery™, which enables Veeam Backup & Replication to recover a failed virtual machine (VM) in as little as two minutes by starting up and running a VM directly from the backup. With Instant VM Recovery, users lose no time waiting for IT administrators to provision storage, extract the backup and copy it to production. Instead, the VM is up and running almost instantaneously.
U.S. Patent No. 8,402,309 B2 covers technology including support for additional, unique capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication, such as SureBackup®, Universal Application Item Recovery (U-AIR®), and On-Demand Sandbox.
- SureBackup: Eliminates risk through backup testing and recovery verification. The fully automated process lets users verify the recoverability of every backup of every VM, without additional hardware or administrative time and effort.
- U-AIR: Enables quick, agent-free recovery of individual objects from any virtualized application. When users accidentally delete important e-mails or make other unintended changes, U-AIR helps administrators easily recover lost or damaged items.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Runs VMs from existing backups in the safety of an isolated Virtual Lab. Instead of using dedicated resources, one can put backup storage to work to build a lab for software and patch testing, problem troubleshooting and other tasks.
“For seven years, Veeam has constantly been on the forefront of bringing new capabilities to virtual data protection with software that is powerful, easy-to-use and affordable. Being awarded these patents is a strong validation of our company’s strong history and culture of innovation,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “To that end, we expect additional patents will be granted soon and are preparing to file new patent applications covering further technological innovations in our upcoming release of Veeam Backup & Replication v7.”
Click to Tweet: Veeam Awarded Two U.S. Patents for vPower Technologies: Instant VM Recovery and SureBackup
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is Modern Data Protection - Built for Virtualization™. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for VMware, Hyper-V and Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com/#backup
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management via Microsoft System Center: http://www.veeam.com/mp
- Virtualization management via HP Operations Manager: http://www.veeam.com/spi
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html
Tel: 0207 1630420