Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions, today announced Virtual Lab for Windows Server Hyper-V. One of the many new features to be included in the upcoming release of Veeam Backup & Replication™ v7, Virtual Lab delivers powerful and easy-to-use capabilities that further ensure the protection, performance and availability of Hyper-V environments.
Virtual Lab works in conjunction with vPower®, Veeam’s patented technology for running a virtual machine (VM) directly from a compressed, deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage. With vPower, a VM can run from any restore point, full or incremental, without any changes to the backup itself. Virtual Lab for Hyper-V follows the 2012 release of Instant VM Recovery™ for Hyper-V, which takes advantage of vPower to minimize downtime and disruption by enabling IT to run a VM directly from a backup while a full restore is underway.
New patented capabilities provided by the combination of vPower and Virtual Lab for Hyper-V include:
- SureBackup®: Eliminates risk through backup testing and recovery verification. The fully automated process lets users verify the recoverability of every backup of every VM, without additional hardware or administrative time and effort.
- U-AIR® (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Enables quick, agent-free recovery of individual objects from any virtualized application. When users accidentally delete important e-mails or run scripts that result in unintended changes, U-AIR helps administrators easily recover lost or damaged items.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Runs VMs in the safety of isolated environments built from existing backups and storage. Instead of using production resources to restore backups or burdening production VMs with additional snapshots, virtual environments can be created “on the fly,” allowing users to simply power on required VMs at desired restore points.
Veeam Backup & Replication, #1 VM backup, is Built for Virtualization™ from the ground up. Used by more than 60,000 organizations around the world, Veeam Backup & Replication is a powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solution for virtual environments of all sizes. Virtual Lab for Hyper-V continues Veeam’s strategy of helping organizations make the move to Modern Data Protection™ and reap the overwhelming cost and efficiency benefits of virtualization.
Veeam Backup & Replication v7 will become generally available in Q3, 2013. For more information about Virtual Lab for Hyper-V and other features coming in v7, go to http://go.veeam.com/v7. Please also visit the Veeam booth (#332) at the Solutions Expo for Microsoft Management Summit 2013 in Las Vegas, NV from April 8-11. Veeam is a Gold Sponsor for MMS 2013 and Microsoft’s 2012 Management and Virtualization Partner of the Year.
Doug Hazelman, Vice President of Product Strategy, Veeam Software : “Modern data protection is critical to the success of Windows Server Hyper-V initiatives, and eliminating risk is a top priority for our customers. By providing an innovative and easy way to safely perform tasks like validating backups and testing software updates without impacting production environments, Virtual Lab for Hyper-V helps administrators protect their infrastructures, while also enhancing reliability and availability.
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software : “Organizations with Hyper-V infrastructures need reliable data protection that is built specifically for virtual environments. In October 2012, Veeam was proud to be one of the first vendors to support Windows Server 2012. We’re excited now to be the first data protection vendor to bring Virtual Lab capabilities to Hyper-V, providing vital support and advanced backup and recovery features to this rapidly growing user base.”
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is Modern Data Protection - Built for Virtualization™. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for VMware, Hyper-V and Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com/#mdp
- Virtual Lab: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-backup/help-center/vsphere/index.html?virtual_lab.html[OK1]
- 5 Ways to Put vPower to Work for You:
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html