Accelerated Innovation In The Integration Space And Strong Commitment To Big Data Fuel 56 Percent Growth In 2012
Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK – February 5, 2013 – Talend, the global integration software leader, today announced that 2012 marked a year of sustained growth and expansion in a market increasingly driven by the need to maximise the value of enterprise information assets. Providing Integration at Any Scale, Talend’s integration solutions truly scale for any type of integration challenge, any volume of data, and any scope of project, no matter how simple or complex. Unifying data, application and business process integration, Talend dramatically accelerates time-to-value for businesses.
“We began 2012 with the ambitious goal to further democratise the integration market and to help organisations solve big data needs,” said Bertrand Diard, CEO and co-founder of Talend. “Success was bolstered by our unique value proposition which, supported by a flexible and future-proof architecture, helps organisations of all sizes reap the rewards of the vast amounts of data they have collected over time. Talend’s sustained growth in 2012 is a testament to the strength of our offering to the market, our technology, our ecosystem, and most importantly, our people. Together we enable integration at any scale.”
Significant Market Penetration Growth
Talend saw significant increase in market penetration in 2012 with a 56 percent increase in recurring licence revenue. It signed several large contracts in recent months – some in excess of one million dollars, including Talend’s largest deal ever, closed in Europe – with numerous clients in industries ranging from government to entertainment, healthcare or retail. Examples of cutomers in the UK and Ireland added during 2012 include Irish Office of the Revenue Commissioners, Oxfordshire County Council, William Hill and TUI UK & Ireland.
Making Big Data a Reality for Any Organisation
In its mission to make big data become a reality for all organisations, Talend focused extensively on solutions that make deploying and managing Apache Hadoop and related technologies simple, without requiring specific expertise in these areas.
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data – At February’s Strata Conference, Talend announced Talend Open Studio for Big Data. This new product, based on Talend’s award-winning Talend Open Studio technology, initially provided native support for HDFS, Pig, HBase, Sqoop and Hive and has since been extended to additional Hadoop components such as HCatalog or Oozie. By leveraging Hadoop's MapReduce architecture through native code generation for highly distributed data processing, Talend Open Studio for Big Data runs data transformations and data quality directly inside Hadoop for maximum scalability.
- Talend v5.1 – After introducing BPM as a piece of the holistic integration puzzle with version 5.0, Talend v5.1, announced in May, reinforced the links between BPM and ESB with a new connector that provides point-and-click connectivity between a business process and web service running on the ESB.
- Talend v5.2 – In October, Talend added big data profiling for Apache Hadoop to its next-generation integration platform, enabling organisations to analyse their data in the Hive database on Hadoop. Profiling is performed “in place”, which means that data does not need to be extracted from Hadoop before being profiled. Instead, big data profiling leverages the power of the Hadoop cluster, allowing users to scale out with limit. With v5.2, Talend also introduced support for NoSQL by delivering a set of connectors for Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB.
Strategic Partnerships & Support
At the start of 2012, Talend launched its redesigned partner programme, the Talend Alliance Program, to make it easier for organisations of all sizes to collaborate with Talend in bringing the benefits of data, application and process integration to their customers around the globe. Shortly thereafter, Hortonworks selected Talend Open Studio for Big Data to be bundled as part of Hortonworks Data Platform, simplifying the movement of data between Apache Hadoop and enterprise data systems and accelerating the adoption of Apache Hadoop. In May, Talend announced jointly with MapR the certification of Talend Open Studio for Big Data with MapR’s Hadoop Distribution. Both announcements follow Talend’s longstanding partnerships with Cloudera, Jaspersoft and EMC Greenplum, which means that Talend is now working with all leading commercial Hadoop distributions, in addition to supporting the native Apache Hadoop project.
In addition, Talend was selected by Google as a technology partner for Google BigQuery, making it easier for users of Google BigQuery to bring data from all the data sources Talend can connect to, into the Google Cloud Platform. With more than 450 native connectors to databases, files, applications, legacy sources – on premises or in the Cloud – Talend Open Studio for Big Data connects to any source or target.
In the UK and Ireland, the growth in adoption of Talend technology by both private and public sector organisations during 2012 has led to a significant increase in systems integrators looking to service customer demand for Talend technology. Following the relaunch of the Talend Alliance Program, the UK operation now has 12 fully subscribed partners able to deliver services around each of the core solutions within the Unified Platform, including Steria the UK’s first Platinum systems integrator. Partners are increasingly key to Talend’s business. In 2012, they contributed a significant proportion of UK revenues through referrals of clients new to Talend.
US Customs’ “Talend Ruling”
In 2012, Talend received a favorable advisory ruling from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency around the government's ability to procure open source software. While the news is significant for Talend and offers an opportunity for the company to address needs in the US Federal space, many software vendors – whether they are open source-based or not – are expected to benefit from the ruling as well.
Customer/Partner Event a Success
Talend customers and partners from around the globe attended this year’s Talend Connect, the company’s series of regional community, customer and partner conferences, held in Boston, Frankfurt, Paris and London. Talend received positive feedback from the informational sessions it provided as well as presentations led by industry luminaries such as Jeff Kelly, principal research contributor at Wikibon.org and contributing editor at SiliconANGLE and Matt Aslett, research manager at 451 Research.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry analysts and the media credited Talend in 2012 as a technology visionary with great promise for continued success and innovation, underscoring Talend’s leadership position in the unified integration market:
- Recognised by Gartner, Inc. as a “Visionary” in four key reports – the “Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools” report, the “Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools” report, the “Magic Quadrant for Application Infrastructure for Systematic Application Integration Projects” report, and the “Magic Quadrant for Application Infrastructure for Systematic SOA Infrastructure Projects” report.
- Selected by Forrester Research as a “Leader” in the “The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise ETL, Q1 2012” report.
- Highlighted by Gartner, Inc. in the “Who’s Who in Open-Source Data Quality (2012 Update)” report.
- Selected by InfoWorld as one of “7 Top Tools for Taming Big Data”.
Talend provides integration that truly scales. From small projects to enterprise-wide implementations, Talend’s highly scalable data, application and business process integration platform maximises the value of an organisation’s information assets and optimises return on investment through a usage-based subscription model. Ready for big data environments, Talend’s flexible architecture easily adapts to future IT platforms. And a common set of easy-to-use tools implemented across all Talend products enable teams to scale developer skillsets, too.
More than 4,000 enterprise customers worldwide leverage Talend’s solutions and services. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. For more information, please visit http://uk.talend.com
For more information, please contact Tom Webb at Whiteoaks on email@example.com or call 01252 727313.