Paris (Dell Storage Forum), November 15, 2012— QLogic (Nasdaq: QLGC) today announced that its 2600 Series Fibre Channel adapters will be used as part of Dell solutions to deliver the industry’s first end-to-end 16Gb Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs). QLogic adapters will provide 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity for Dell 12th Generation PowerEdge™ rack, tower and blade servers, as well as native 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity for Dell Compellent Storage.
“With the world’s largest installed base of Fibre Channel adapters, QLogic delivers unmatched versatility and industry-leading performance with our 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel portfolio,” said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. “Our long history of collaboration with Dell and our expertise in Fibre Channel networking, from server to storage, have earned us this 16Gb Fibre Channel business for Dell Compellent storage and PowerEdge blade servers. Through dramatically increased I/O and bandwidth, QLogic end-to-end 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity allows Dell to provide customers with faster deployments and greatly improved application performance.”
“QLogic 2600 Series adapters allow Dell to deliver first-to-market, end-to-end 16Gb Fibre Channel storage network solutions,” said Dan McConnell, director of marketing and product management, Dell Compellent. “From host to storage, with no bottlenecks in between, Dell’s end-to-end 16Gb Fibre Channel solution drives unprecedented application performance and provides the perfect I/O companion for state of the art Intel and AMD based servers, virtualized data centers and cloud computing environments.”
Available to Dell customers in both mezzanine and standard PCIe formats, the QLogic 2600 Series provides enterprise data centers with several compelling attributes including:
- The Ultimate in Performance: The QLogic 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel adapter handles three times the transactions (1.2 Million IOPs) and double the throughput (6000 MBps) of 8Gb Fibre Channel, thereby dramatically increasing application performance and cutting back-up times in half. QLogic 2600 Series adapters are optimized for performance in next-generation servers with support for the new PCIe 3.0 bus architecture.
- Leadership, Confidence and Trust: The underlying QLogic Fibre Channel stack is proven in more than 13 million ports deployed in enterprise data centers around the world. QLogic’s unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability in dual-port configurations. Competitive offerings utilize the same resources for both ports, which means that if one port fails, both ports go offline, causing an outage. QLogic’s port isolation architecture ensures that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port will take over and keep data moving without interruption.
- Pervasive Interoperability: QLogic solutions are tested and interoperable with more than 10,000 industry products. QLogic's networking stack includes pervasive support for the leading operating system (OS) platforms and hypervisors including Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi, Red Hat and SUSE Linux (including KVM), Solaris and Citrix XenServer. The 2600 Series shares the same Fibre Channel stack with the millions of QLogic 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel adapter ports already installed in enterprises around the globe.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The 2600 Series provides a scalable architecture for higher virtual machine (VM) deployment per server while still providing full offload capabilities with increased bandwidth allocation to each VM. QLogic 2600 Series adapters further enhance VM mobility by increasing availability to meet peak-demand workloads.
The QLogic 2600 Series includes support for advanced features such as virtual Fibre Channel in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and management plug-ins for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager. For VMware environments, the QLogic QConvergeConsole Plug-in for VMware vCenter, a set of software components delivered through a common information model (CIM), enables use of the same application integrated within the vCenter.
- Powering the Cloud: The QLogic 2600 series provides fine-grained Quality of Service (QoS) and the ability to dynamically allocate bandwidth through increased support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV). This enables cloud deployments to provide guaranteed bandwidth with fine-grained metering.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic-- the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic (Nasdaq: QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.
Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: unfavorable economic conditions; potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company's dependence on the networking markets served; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company's products; the company's dependence on a small number of customers; the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies; the complexity of the company's products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; the company's dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company's dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales patterns in orders from customers; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; changes in the company's tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; declines in the market value of the company's marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of "open source" software in the company's products; and security system risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks.
More detailed information on these and additional factors which could affect the company's operating and financial results are described in the company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.
Local Media Contact:
On Your Case Ltd
+44 7787 566382