Click to Tweet: New Veeam Backup Management Suite 6.5 Delivers Powerful, Easy-to-Use and Affordable Data Protection and Virtualisation Management for VMware and Hyper-V
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announces Veeam Backup Management Suite 6.5 (formerly Veeam Management Suite). The new version introduces features and a product name that confirm Veeam’s strategy to continually innovate and enhance its data protection solutions.
- Veeam Backup Management Suite combines Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and the new Veeam ONE 6.5 in a single integrated solution for powerful, easy-to-use and affordable data protection and virtualisation management.
- Veeam Backup Management Suite is built specifically for virtualisation and offers fundamental and far-reaching benefits over legacy tools. In addition to the features introduced in the recently released Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5,the new version of the suite includes: Advanced Monitoring, Reporting and Capacity Planning for Backup
Administrators can easily identify unprotected VMs, automatically document backup status and monitor their backup infrastructure 24x7. Backup resources can be optimised for current requirements and analysed for future needs. All functionality works right out of the box with predefined alarms, dashboards and reports specifically built for Veeam Backup & Replication.
Advanced Capacity Planning for VMware and Hyper-V
New Veeam ONE 6.5 capacity planning examines trends, identifies over-committed resources and offers flexible what-if modeling. The results are reliable threshold forecasts and provisioning recommendations that help administrators make well-informed decisions regarding the growth of their virtual environments.
New Hypervisor Support: vSphere 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
Veeam is the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.
Brandon Meyer, Engagement Manager, Virtualization, SWC Technology Partners : “Veeam Backup Management Suite gives my customers unprecedented flexibility. The new Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange in Veeam Backup & Replication lets them restore Exchange objects, and they also get excellent insight into both their backup and virtualisation infrastructures with Veeam ONE.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software : “Modernising the IT infrastructure to leverage the power of virtualisation and the cloud is the key trend in IT today. New Veeam Backup Management Suite 6.5 was specifically built for virtualisation to offer a powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solution for SMB and Enterprise customers. It enhances the power of Veeam Backup & Replication by delivering a comprehensive solution with advanced management capabilities for the backup infrastructure. IT pros have often applauded Veeam for products that ‘just work’ and now, with new integrated monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for backup, they have a product that just works even better.”
Availability & Pricing:
Veeam Backup Management Suite 6.5 is available now. UK pricing (MSRP) is £1,083.60 per socket for Enterprise Edition and £799.80 per socket for Standard Edition. An upgrade to Veeam Backup Management Suite from Veeam Backup & Replication (any edition) is £301.00 per socket. For more information, visit: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-management-suite.html.
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for 24x7 real-time monitoring, resource optimization, capacity planning, and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.