Bangalore - November 19, 2013 – Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU), a global IT services company that combines innovation, technology leadership and industry solutions to transform the customer experience, announced today that it has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) India ‘Gold’ rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for its Hyderabad campus in India. The award is a testament to Virtusa’s overall sustainability focus which is their consistent effort to reduce environmental footprint, demonstrate ethical maturity and respect all.
The LEED Green Building Rating System is a globally accepted benchmark for design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. The certification is awarded to encourage and facilitate the development of sustainable buildings in India.
Hyderabad campus awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) INDIA "Gold" Rating
“Virtusa is honored to be recognised by the IGBC for our focus on environmentally-friendly operations. The LEED India Gold rating of our Hyderabad campus will inspire us to achieve further in reducing our carbon footprint. This recognition supports our ‘Code Green’ environment initiative which advocates sustainability and promotes a greener future”, said Mr. Samir Dhir, executive vice president, chief delivery officer and head of India operations, Virtusa Corporation.
“The Virtusa Hyderabad campus was constructed with a holistic approach to sustainability, concentrating on areas such as water efficiency and harvesting, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality. This award is an acknowledgement of our focus and commitment towards sustainable business practices”, said Mr. Praveen Upadhyay, head of facilities and administration, Hyderabad, Virtusa Corporation.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System addresses sustainable design criteria under six main categories: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, as well as, innovation in design.
Some key initiatives at Virtusa’s Hyderabad campus that contribute towards building a greener planet are:
- Sustainable Sites: a) Implemented key processes like waste segregation and e-waste management to achieve optimal waste management b) Provision for Electric Vehicle (EV) recharging points c) Access to dedicated carpooling parking bay to support the initiative.
- Water Efficiency: 60 percent of the overall demand of potable water usage met by recycling water from Sewage Treatment Plant (STP).
- Energy and Atmosphere: Various energy conservation initiatives implemented such as a) Installing individual task lighting at each work station, b) Using LED lighting without compromising on the optimal lux levels required for working. c) Achieving 12.8 percent annual energy savings to comply with the ASHRAE 90.1 2004 (American Society for Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning).
- Materials and Resources: Adopted green seal certified housekeeping chemicals for cleaning and maintenance, ensuring a clean and green environment.
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Compliance to the ASHRAE standard 62.1 – 2007 of ventilation for acceptable indoor air quality.
Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) which is part of CII-Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre, is actively involved in promoting the Green Building concept in India. The council is represented by all stakeholders of construction industry comprising of Corporate, Government & Nodal Agencies, Architects, Product manufacturers, Institutions, etc. The council operates on a consensus based approach and member-driven. The vision of the council is to usher green building revolution and India to become one of the world leaders in green buildings by 2015.
Virtusa provides end-to-end information technology (IT) services to Global 2000 companies. These services, which include IT consulting, application maintenance, development, systems integration and managed services, leverage a unique Platforming methodology that transforms clients’ businesses through IT rationalization. Virtusa helps customers accelerate business outcomes by consolidating, rationalizing, and modernizing their core customer-facing processes into one or more core systems.
Virtusa delivers cost-effective solutions through a global delivery model, applying advanced methods such as Agile and Accelerated Solution Design to ensure that its solutions meet the clients’ requirements. As a result, its clients simultaneously reduce their IT operations cost while increasing their ability to meet changing business needs
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Massachusetts, Virtusa has operations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
© 2011 - 2013 Virtusa Corporation. All rights reserved.
Virtusa, Accelerating Business Outcomes, BPM Test Drive and Productization are registered trademarks of Virtusa Corporation. All other company and brand names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective holders.