London, 13 February – Cloud technology company AppLayer today announced the general availability of its new RecruitBox IT solution. RecruitBox takes a new and different approach to IT for recruitment companies, providing a secure, monitored working environment in the cloud. Staff members are provided with Windows Hosted Desktops, on which they can access all the software and applications they need, including the company’s preferred recruitment software.
The first of AppLayer’s industry cloud ‘business in a box’ solutions, RecruitBox caters to sector-specific industry issues including high staff turnover, mobile working, staff productivity, worries of employee data theft and costs of IT support.
RecruitBox requires minimal changes to working practices – staff continue to use the software they are familiar with. Easy-to-operate control panels allow managers to configure the security and surveillance settings to match their company policies and to add or remove users. New hires can be set up within one or two minutes and accounts can be closed instantly when employees leave, protecting sensitive information
RecruitBox’s features include:
- Hosted Desktop: Allows secure access for users’ Windows desktops from the cloud, providing a central point for all software and files and remote access for approved team members and devices.
- Access from any device, any location. Secure support for remote workers, tablets and smartphones.
- Recruitment App Hosting: Recruitment applications, such as Voyager, Bond Adapt and Eclipse can be accessed securely via the hosted desktop.
- Business Applications: In addition to industry-specific applications, RecruitBox includes access to general business software including Office, Sage and Exchange email.
- Control of access to applications, including precise control of access to the internet. Users can be prevented from accessing types of site such as social networking or shopping sites, or specific sites such as LinkedIn.
- Security and Monitoring: Comprehensive security features include prevention of transfer of data to external devices such as USB sticks; setting up alerts for suspicious words in emails; “smart camera” that takes screen-shots of activity; sophisticated facilities for searching through emails and websites visited.
- Activity profiling: Dashboards provide snapshot views of how active staff are being and how they are spending their time.
- Resource management: Easy to scale up or down as business needs change – add or remove employees or resources instantly.
“We have designed RecruitBox with the specific needs of recruitment firms in mind so directors and managers can focus on running their business, not managing their IT,” said Andrew McLean, director of AppLayer. “It is the first of our ‘business-in-a-box’ cloud solutions, which are designed to make technology simple, accessible and easy to manage for any SME. By providing one secure platform to manage businesses best-of-breed software, our ‘boxes’ mean that business owners can worry about their businesses and we can manage their IT.”
Tel: +44 (0)1522 883640