London, UK—December 11, 2012—Cloudmark, Inc., the global leader in messaging threat protection for mobile, fixed and social networks, today announced Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac. The newest offering of Cloudmark’s award-winning, anti-spam solution enables Mac users to filter email to eliminate messaging threats, protecting consumers and small businesses against spam, phishing and email-borne viruses. Available immediately as a free download, Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac seamlessly integrates with popular email clients on Mac OS and supports leading operating systems, providing a solution tailored to meet a variety of computing needs.
In addition to being a source of frustration, email spam is also a security risk that can potentially expose unsuspecting users to viruses and malware. Cloudmark’s email filtering enables users to block, unblock and scan suspicious messages within minutes of installation. Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac integrates with Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook for Mac, and supports Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion OSX versions.
“Spammers are constantly looking for new ways to catch individuals off-guard and email remains a popular target for attacks,” said Leon Rishniw, senior vice president of engineering, Cloudmark. “Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac is the latest extension of our commitment to help safeguard email users against all messaging threats. Consumers, small businesses and families can have greater peace of mind knowing their email is constantly being protected against even the most sophisticated messaging attacks.”
Key features and benefits of Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac include:
- Fast, Easy Installation—Users don’t need to know their email service provider’s configurations to be up and running quickly. During installation, Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac automatically detects existing email accounts, enabling users to begin filtering emails immediately.
- Accurate, Real-time Protection against Emerging Threats—DesktopOne for Mac harnesses the power of Cloudmark’s award-winning technology, as well as real-time feedback from millions of email users in the Cloudmark network. DesktopOne users are part of a global community, whose contributions provide their fellow users worldwide with real-time protection against emerging threats.
- Support for Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook for Mac—Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac to seamlessly integrate with the most popular clients on Mac OS, with the addition of a context-aware button on the toolbar.
- No Manual Training Required—Unlike other spam filters, Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac requires no training or rules management, freeing up users from spam management and other installation-related tasks.
- Language-agnostic Protection—Cloudmark’s filtering technology works anywhere in the world, providing the same accuracy regardless of language or location.
Leveraging Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac’s Pro Mode for Additional Protection and Control
To protect multiple email accounts and benefit from additional customization and control, users can select Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac’s subscription-based Pro Mode. Ideal for families, small businesses and power users, Pro Mode enables users to centrally manage their messaging protection for all their email accounts. Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac’s Pro Mode also provides additional capabilities for manually screening message folders, trusting specified contacts and automatically deleting old spam messages.
Pricing and Availability
Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac in Basic Mode is free for individual users to filter one email account into a single spam folder. Users who would like to manage multiple email accounts and folders can upgrade to Cloudmark DesktopOne in Pro Mode for $19.95 per year.
To download Cloudmark DesktopOne for Mac, please visit: http://www.cloudmarkdesktop.com/index.php/en/mycloudmark/download/cdom.
Cloudmark protects more than 2 billion global subscribers daily from an explosion in messaging abuses across more operator networks than anyone else. Only Cloudmark defends the world’s largest Mobile, Fixed and Social Networks, including AT&T, Comcast, MySpace, NTT, Swisscom and Time Warner Cable, with scalable and accurate protection against the widest range of existing and emerging messaging threats.