As enterprise integrated communications and technology budgets merge, CSPs must grow their product offerings, address delivery complexity and service quality issues to compete for new business
Cambridge, MA. and Reading, UK – 29th October, 2013 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the leader in Business Process Management (BPM) and a leading provider of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, today announced results of a comprehensive survey regarding integrated communications and technology (ICT) spending. The survey incorporates interviews with 280 decision makers controlling $13 billion in ICT spending across a range of sectors, including in financial services, healthcare, transport and logistics.
The study uncovers a massive opportunity for Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to grow enterprise revenues by offering a complete ICT service portfolio. Most (71 percent) companies surveyed have now merged their budget for Communications and IT solutions, and while 46 percent of respondents want to work with a single vendor only 11 percent of respondents believe that a single vendor can meet their diverse product needs.
“CSPs stand to capitalise from the consolidation in enterprise Communications and IT budgets, however they must overcome a reputation for high cost and complexity in the delivery of services,” said Russell Palmer, Industry Principal – Communications & Media at Pegasystems. “Our research shows that enterprises have a long-list of ‘must-fix’ issues for CSPs looking to capitalize on the ICT market opportunity, and quality of service is one of the most important attributes enterprises look for when selecting their ICT partners.”
Key Survey Findings:
- 70 percent of respondents cited “too much complexity” as a problem when it comes to service. Additionally, 58 percent struggle, to some extent, with insufficient quality of service
- 71 percent of respondents rated reliability as one of the “most important” factors when selecting a vendor, putting CSPs with a track record of network reliability in a good position to gain market share
- 64 percent of enterprises plan to increase their mobile spending related to ICT solutions, placing CSPs with mobile network assets in the best position to gain market share
- 89 percent of enterprises view CSPs as a credible provider of ICT solutions but have no channel preference for purchases between IT providers, VARs and CSPs. Those CSPs that can deliver quality customer service will differentiate themselves from the competition
Sponsored by Pegasystems, the study was conducted by Vanson Bourne in the US, UK, France, Germany and Italy. Almost half (46 percent) of respondents work at organisations of more than 3,000 employees and have an average annual combined IT and communications budget in excess of $46 million.
- To download the study, visit: http://e.pega.com/under-pressure
- To download the Infographic, visit: http://www.pega.com/resources/turn-big-business-into-big-business-infographic
- For more information on Pega’s communications & media solutions, visit: http://www.pega.com/solutions/by-industry/communications-and-media.
- To read more about Pega communications & media customers’ successes, visit: http://www.pega.com/solutions/by-industry/communications-and-media/customer-success
- RSS Feeds for Pegasystems Press Releases, Pegasystems Media Coverage and Pegasystems Events
About Vanson Bourne
Vanson Bourne is an independent specialist in market research for the technology sector. Our reputation for robust and credible research-based analysis, is founded upon rigorous research principles and our ability to seek the opinions of senior decision makers across technical and business functions, in all business sectors and all major markets.
Pegasystems Build for Change® technology is the heart of better business software. It delivers business agility and empowers leading organizations to rapidly close execution gaps and seize new opportunities. Pegasystems is the recognized leader in business process management and is also ranked as a leader in customer relationship management software by leading industry analysts. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
0207 437 0227