23rd October 2013 – Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (YDH) have appointed Ascribe, leading healthcare IT solutions provider, to implement an enterprise portal which will provide a single location for accessing and managing both corporate and clinical data.
The portal solution has been delivered in partnership, utilising Microsoft SharePoint technology. The core objectives of the project were to enable the Trust to self-govern data, centralise and standardise the delivery of business solutions through a technology platform which enabled the Trust to deliver their immediate and strategic objectives.
The SharePoint Portal will help the Trust drive cost and performance efficiencies through replacing paper based processes and enabling staff to make informed decisions in real time.
The initial phase has delivered the following capabilities for the Trust:
- Corporate intranet and communications portal
- Social engagement and information sharing
- Enterprise document and records management
- Enterprise collaboration (Trust, Primary Care, Partners + more)
- HR Self Service: Mandatory training, HR process automation (Starters & Leavers, Change of Circumstances, etc.) and Appraisal Management
- Solution Creation Platform: eHandover, Referral tracking, Clinical Trial management
Matt Davey, Project Manager at YDH, commented on the project “Ascribe have played an important role in assisting YDH make the initial moves away from paper based systems to a more interactive and engaging staff IT environment. Yeovil has a clear vision for the management of its communication, data and systems and SharePoint is helping to realise that. Staff have taken to the new platform well and as a result the work is only just starting.”