London, UK, 23rd January 2013 – Today, the UK’s best digital, wireless and mobile software technology companies have been awarded their place on Web Mission 2013, an entrepreneur-led mission to India, to accelerate their business in the growing Indian market.
The companies were selected for their innovative business models, products and services that can provide solutions for areas such as the healthcare, education, and energy sectors to the low income groups and the emerging middle classes. As India continues to experience social and business changes, this Mission will showcase the significant opportunities for UK businesses representing these sectors.
The Mission is supported by the Technology Strategy Board and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), alongside other private sponsors, and organised by The Long Run Venture and the Co-Sponsorship Agency. The eighth in a series of Missions organised by the public, private partnership, each is designed to help successful early stage businesses accelerate their growth potential overseas.
David Bott, Director of Innovation Programmes at the Technology Strategy Board, explained: “For UK technology firms to be part of these emerging opportunities, it is crucial to understand how India absorbs and applies new technology, building on its own strengths and using business models and principles that may be unfamiliar to UK entrepreneurs and investors.
“The goal of this mission is to provide the necessary know-how, connections and inspiration to help improve and accelerate opportunities with potential customers and partners.”
The seven previous missions were to the USA, including other Web Missions, Clean and Cool Missions (for environmental companies) and Future Health Missions - all supporting the most promising UK entrepreneurs and early stage businesses in each sector.
The successful applicants on this first Web Mission to India will be travelling to Bangalore followed by New Delhi, between 9th and 16th February 2013.
The chosen companies are:
- Ambiental Technical Solutions (http://www.ambiental.co.uk/)
- Audioboo Limited (http://audioboo.fm/)
- Coveritas Limited (http://www.coveritas.com/)
- Cyceera Limited (http://www.cyceera.com/)
- Inngot Limited (http://www.inngot.com/)
- Omnisoft Services Ltd (http://omnisoftservices.com/)
- OmPrompt (http://www.omprompt.com/)
- Stream Communications (http://www.stream-communications.com/)
- Sub10 Systems (http://www.sub10systems.com/)
- Sunde (http://www.sunde.net/)
- Trusted Renewables Ltd (http://trustedrenewables.com/)
- Cyan Technology PLC (http://www.cyantechnology.com/)
- uMotif (http://www.umotif.com/)
- Buffalo Project LTD (http://buffalogrid.org/)
- Zondle (http://www.zondle.com/)