Farnborough, UK, May 2013 –Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Truck-Lite Europe, a global leader in lighting, electrical harnessing and mirror systems for commercial and automotive vehicles, has chosen Infor to implement a common platform across the group that will enable comprehensive, integrated business processes. Truck-Lite was seeking to improve the visibility of its manufacturing and supply chain operations, accelerate stock turnover, enable accurate demand planning, boost collaboration with suppliers and drive faster responsiveness to Truck-Lite customer needs.
- Truck-Lite Europe has chosen Infor to deliver integrated applications which enable comprehensive, integrated manufacturing and logistics business processes.
- The suite of applications, including Infor LN and Infor Supply Chain Management (SCM) is
planned to be rolled out across all European plants. LN helps improve the visibility, operations plan and communication across its manufacturing sites.
- LN helps track raw materials as they leave the warehouse and enter production, ensuring that current stock and production capacity meet demand in the most efficient way possible. Truck-Lite Europe has also invested in Infor
Warehouse Mobility to help improve booking-in processes when raw materials arrive on site.
- Infor Demand Planning helps increase confidence in the accuracy of forward demand plans and provide the foundation for sales and operations planning processes based on a single, consolidated view of demand across the business. Business analytics will be driven by Infor Enterprise Performance Management (EPM).
- Improved demand planning also helps increase stock turnover by more accurately aligning stock to demand - a key focus for Truck-Lite.
- Infor Automotive Exchange (AutoConnect), Infor Supplier Exchange (SupplyWEB) and Infor Event Management help strengthen supplier relationships by enabling automated, integrated electronic data interchange (EDI), order management, accelerating the ordering process and enabling low-cost communication via a portal.
Truck-Lite Europe Quote
“One of the key anticipated benefits of our investment in Infor applications is the enhanced planning tools allowing the optimisation of process planning and control,” explained Paul Beavis, IT Manager, Truck-Lite Europe.
"We manufacture highly specialised products and to be a leader in our business, we have to offer a huge variety of items and variations. This drives complexity into our supply chain which can result in excess stock.
“To handle the impact of this accelerated pace of business, we harness web-based technologies to provide suppliers with information quickly, accurately and inexpensively. This enables them to improve their delivery performance to us and provides better responsiveness to our customers."
“Automotive manufacturers must handle complexity at speed in order to remain competitive,” said Warren Smith, Director of Global Automotive Market Strategy, Infor. “This means they need to be able to see current manufacturing plans, experiment with alternatives and share the risk of those changes throughout the supply chain.
“This demands applications that are not only specialised for the automotive industry, but are fully connected, just like the manufacturing and supply chain processes they support. Armed with Infor ERP and SCM solutions, Truck-Lite Europe is now set to develop a keen competitive advantage with faster, more agile manufacturing and stronger customer service.”
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for
speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers