Enterprise -> Manufacturing
Released: 11th March 2013
Publisher: LEWIS PR
London, UK – March 11, 2013 – Apriso, the leading provider of global manufacturing software solutions, today announced the completion of 20 years of service. Originally incorporated as CIM Vision International on March 10, 1993, Apriso has established itself as a leader in the manufacturing operations management industry, having accomplished 20 industry firsts during its first two decades of existence. This industry leadership has translated into substantial business value creation by Apriso’s customers, supporting Apriso’s significant revenue growth and global expansion to more than 45 countries.
Global manufacturers must operate across highly diverse, dynamic manufacturing models and operating environments. From an Information Technology (IT) perspective, manufacturers typically operate thousands of disparate IT applications that may or may not work well with other systems, plants or shop floor operators. At the same time, the global economy has necessitated the need to work better and faster across geographies, cultures and systems with greater agility.
Over these 20 years, Apriso has established a competitive advantage by providing platform-based IT solutions designed to simplify highly complex operational environments. With Apriso’s solutions, global manufacturers readily share processes, data and intelligence on a global scale while connecting planning and design applications to shop floor machinery and equipment. By bringing planning, design and execution applications together, manufacturers can operate with greater visibility, control and synchronization across their operations.
“It is amazing to see the growth that has occurred over the past 20 years, starting with our humble beginnings back in the late 1980’s. Our vision has been spot on with regards to the technology selected and the partnerships we have focused on to deliver the best valued solutions for manufacturers,” explained Chris Will, co-founder and chief technology officer at Apriso. “Momentum is now with us, given the increased pressure and complexities global manufacturers now face. As we look to the future, it is an exciting time to be part of such a dynamic and growing market.”
As the leader in delivering manufacturing operations management solutions for global manufacturing enterprises, Apriso has pioneered new approaches to enable greater operational flexibility and efficiency, resulting in the following 20 industry innovation firsts:
Apriso’s 20 Industry Firsts
1) 1988: 1stManufacturing Execution System (MES) integration to an AS/400 (completed by Apriso’s founders)
2) 1988: 1st MES to run on OS/2 (completed by Apriso’s founders)
3) 1988: 1st MES installed over a LAN (completed by Apriso’s founders)
4) 1995: 1st integration of a 3rd party MES to SAP ERP
5) 2000: 1st integration of a 3rd party MES to MatrixOne PLM, later acquired by Dassault Systèmes
6) 2000: 1st installation of Microsoft BizTalk Server, which grew to 80+ sites
7) 2001: Apriso’s FlexNet launched as 1st SOA-based MES application, written in .NET
8) 2003: Apriso’s FlexNet is 1st MOM* solution to include MES, WMS, QMS, CMMS and Labor management
9) 2003: Apriso is 1st North American provider to be certified by SAP NetWeaver
10) 2004: Apriso’s FlexNet is 1st BPM-based MOM solution go-live
11) 2006: FlexNet Global Mfg Suite released – 1st process-based global solution for manufacturing operations
12) 2007: Apriso announces 1st real-time PLM integration capability
13) 2007: 1st implementation of a global traceability and containment solution for automotive across multi-sites
14) 2009: 1st Business Process Lifecycle Management™ application launched
15) 2009: Apriso’s FlexNet is 1st MOM solution certified for OPC
16) 2009: Apriso’s FlexNet is 1st MOM solution to support multi-site virtual environments
17) 2010: Apriso launches 1st fully integrated maintenance mgmnt solution (synched to shop floor operations)
18) 2011: Apriso launches 1st real-time, process-based globally integrated manufacturing intelligence solution
19) 2011: Apriso launches 1st mobile app for global manufacturing execution; runs on Apple and Android
20) 2013: Apriso launches 1st Windows 8 application for manufacturing
* MOM: Manufacturing Operations Management
About Apriso Corporation
Apriso is a software company dedicated to helping its customers transform the performance of their global manufacturing operations. It does so by enabling manufacturers to achieve and sustain manufacturing excellence while adapting quickly to market changes. FlexNet, Apriso's manufacturing software, uniquely enables companies to manage processes and share best practices across their operations with its BPM platform-based architecture. Apriso supports continuous improvement initiatives by delivering visibility into, control over and synchronization across manufacturing and the product supply network. Apriso serves nearly 200 customers in 45+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa. Customers include GM, Tesla Motors, Volvo CE, Cummins Inc., L'Oréal, Luxottica, Lockheed Martin, Bombardier, Textron Systems, MBDA and Saint-Gobain. Learn more at: apriso.com. Visit our blog at apriso.com/blog.
+44 (0)20 7802 2626
Published by: electronicdawn Ltd.