London, UK – April 18, 2013: Ontology Systems, the semantic search company for structured enterprise application data, announce Vodacom SA , the leading South African mobile service provider, has deployed Ontology to enhance their service assurance operations.
Ontology provides Vodacom with a comprehensive Service Assurance solution for Change Management and Fault Management operations. The solution provides a correlated view of Vodacom’s transport network (SDH and MPLS) topology in relation to Vodacom’s RAN network and Vodacom Business information in Siebel CRM that:
- Accurately assesses the impacts of change requests
- Simplifies fault investigations by avoiding duplication and overlaps
- Reduces cross-network impact of ad hoc transmission infrastructure fault management
- Provides possible root causes of simultaneous RAN alarms through visibility of common transmission infrastructure.
Ontology Systems’ CEO and founder, Benedict Enweani, expressed: “We appreciate Vodacom’s confidence in choosing Ontology and are delighted, that together, the joint project team have delivered a strategic SIA solution, on-time and under-budget. Achieving an accurate, near real-time view of a transmission network data is a significant challenge for mobile operators. Ontology’s semantic search capability is ideally suited for finding and mapping the network and service dependencies hidden in an operator’s application data. This is a clear example of how search technologies are lowering the risks, cost and time normally associated with complex data integrations.”
- For more information about Ontology Systems, visit www.ontology.com
- For more information about Vodacom, visit www.vodacom.co.za
- To read more about Ontology’s Service Impact Analysis capabilities please download our data sheet.
- Follow us on Twitter @OntologySystems
- Follow us on LinkedIn
About Ontology Systems
Ontology Systems is revolutionising how companies use their application data. Using semantic search technology, Ontology applies the power, simplicity and speed of search to business applications across the enterprise. Search and centralise applications, databases, files, spread sheets …anywhere, without the cost and risk of integration.
CSPs are faced with the margin erosion caused by deregulation and OTT competition. Ontology gives CSPs the agility to respond by doing away with the cost, risk, and delay of the integration typically needed to rationalize infrastructure for “smarter and faster pipes”, or to exploit OSS and BSS data for “smarter more personal services”. Both of these approaches are already delivering increased margins and lower operational costs.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in London, UK, Ontology customers include Telenor, BT, Level 3, Three UK, Vodacom, MBNL, Internet Solutions and Telkom SA.
Media Contact: Nick Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Service Delivery Executive
Tel: +44 (0)1522 883640