- combines multi-layer data centre security with market-leading performance.
- introduces 1300 Appliance Family for High-Performance Data Centre Cyber Security
Woking, Surrey: 22nd August 2013 - Now shipping from Wick Hill is the recently launched Check Point® 13500 Appliance, the first in a new line of 13000 Appliances designed specifically to expand Check Point’s data centre network security offerings. The 13500 Appliance delivers blazing-fast security performance with 23.6 Gbps of real-life firewall throughput, 5.7 Gbps of real-life IPS throughput and 3,200 SecurityPower™ unit (SPU) rating.
Ian Kilpatrick, chairman Wick Hill Group, commented: “This is a strong addition from Check Point, providing exceptional price performance for users with local or outsourced data centres. We anticipate considerable demand for it."
Organisations often face the dilemma of choosing between deploying comprehensive security protections and maximizing the performance of the network. The 13500 Appliance provides data centres with Check Point’s most advanced security protections, without compromises in network performance.
In addition to implementing most modern hardware architecture, the 13500 Appliance leverages a wide spectrum of software optimisations and accelerations that in turn maximise hardware utilisation. Check Point’s multi-layer security protections, with four pre-defined security packages including Next Generation Firewall, Threat Prevention, Data Protection and Secure-Web Gateway are supported on the 13500 Appliance. These security packages allow for protection consolidation per appliance, delivering better performance to protect organisations against Advanced Persistent Threats and other modern cyber-attacks.
Key features of the Check Point 13500 Appliance include:
- Boosted performance of up to 3,200 SPU.
- 23.6 Gbps Firewall and 5.7 IPS throughput in real-life environments.
- Connection capacity of up to 28 million concurrent connections.
- Fully flexible and high performance hardware configuration.
- An array of optional Network Interface Controllers (NIC), commonly shared with the 4000 and 12000Appliance families.
- Ease of Data Centre platform operation through advanced management solutions.