Channels on IT-Director.com
All the content in this part of IT-Director.com is associated with Channels. To view other content either click on the logo to return to the homepage, or use the domain sub-navigation.
Channels Opinion & Analysis
Working with giants - 25 years of IT security
Symantec's June 2016 announcement that it intends to buy Blue Coat mirrors Trend Micro's acquisition of Tipping Point in 2015. Both moves underline that there is an appetite for integrated offerings from the broad play security giants.
Bob Tarzey, Quocirca | 29th June 2016
The rise and rise of public cloud services
Cloud enthusiastic digital natives are now gaining business management positions. The choice IT departments face is no longer whether or not to adopt cloud-based services, but about the security that is put in place to support their use.
Bob Tarzey, Quocirca | 22nd February 2016
'Ready for the rush': Top tips for preparing retail IT systems for the Christmas sales period
Christmas is a critical time in the calendar for any retailer, and so Barron McCann advises all retailers evaluate their systems before they're tested by the most intense demands of the year.
Alan Watson, Barron McCann | 17th December 2015
The Season to be Selling: Maximising retail sales at Christmas
Christmas sales are crucial to any retailer. Barron McCann's Managing Director Alan Watson offers expert advise to retailers on how best to prepare for Black Friday, an event which has dramatically reshaped end-of-year sales.
Alan Watson, Barron McCann | 23rd October 2015
Getting the message, not just its facsimile
Business processes rely on messages. Behind every message is a purpose, and this rather than technical expediency should be what dictates the media used and how much control is applied to ensuring successful, accurate and timely delivery.
Rob Bamforth, Quocirca | 16th October 2015
Are retailers being left exposed to the weak link in the PCI/P2PE chain?
Since the creation of bank cards and electronic financial transactions, fraud and data security have been constant concerns for customers and organisations alike.
Alan Watson, Barron McCann | 5th August 2015
- Retail Technology: It's About Evolution, Not Revolution
- Self Service Checkouts May Not Be The Best Option For Retailers
- In-Sourcing or Out-Sourcing? How to best manage Break-Fix Maintenance
- Delivery by drone or dead duck?
- Expand and Deliver: Essential IT insight for successful retail expansion
- Is quality more important than cost when it comes to reducing IT downtime in 2015?
Business & Technology News
Business headlines from BBC News:
- Samsung operating profit plunges 30% in wake of Note 7 fiasco
- Drivers 'face rising insurance bills'
- Smelting pot
- God, alcohol, hash
- Falling behind?
- Ask Andy: What is GDP?
- Big Bang: The day that made London a financial powerhouse
- Big Bang
- Tesla reports first quarterly profit for three years
- Coke revenues continue to lose their fizz