Farnborough – Sept, 2013 – Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that HoMedics, a distributor of consumer products, will extend its investment in Infor applications with a deployment of Infor Demand Planning. The application will replace existing fragmented supply chain planning systems across HoMedics’ UK, Italian and German entities with a web-based forecasting solution to enable near real-time collaboration between sales and operations. Demand Planning will help enhance forecasting and planning to improve the alignment of inventory with changes in demand, and allow HoMedics to explore various “what-if” scenarios, in line with seasonal demand changes.
- HoMedics already makes extensive use of Infor LN, and Infor Demand Planning will utilise data from this ERP application to improve budgeting and reporting, expanding the scope from simply forecasting to inventory and replenishment planning, helping to deliver a full range of reports that are key to support the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process of the company.
- HoMedics’ legacy demand planning systems and fragmented processes resulted in poor levels of demand forecast accuracy at the time of purchase, with abrupt reductions in sales forecasts leading to excess inventory.
- The fragmentation of these supply chain systems and batch processing of data updates also led to a slow response to demand variations. In addition, the legacy systems could not operate on new, 64-bit hardware.
- As a result, HoMedics undertook a project to deliver additional planning capabilities, reduce the administration burden associated with planning and decrease inventory levels.
“Our initial goal is to realise a substantial inventory reduction through improved forecast accuracy and we are very confident of a rapid return,” explained Keith Allison, operations director, HoMedics Group Ltd. “But beyond this, Infor Demand Planning will also help us evaluate the routes of supply to our international distribution centres, to help us realise the optimum scenarios for both high volume and premium products, delivering the lowest cost of transport.”
“Improved planning is consistently one of the top concerns of manufacturers like HoMedics, who face profound changes in seasonal demand patterns,” said Pieter Leijten, vice president, supply chain, EMEA, Infor. “Infor Demand Planning not only enables improvements in existing supply chain arrangements but also allows businesses to explore the impact of these changes in demand. This results in a more accurate and realistic prediction of demand to help develop strategies to ensure faster service, lower cost and more efficient operations. Ultimately we provide a complete view of these demand changes and this helps HoMedics remain agile and gain critical competitive advantage by being faster to react, and explore options to shape demand.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Demand Planning - http://www.infor.com/product_summary/scm/demandplanning/
- Infor ERP - www.infor.com/solutions/erp/
- Infor ERP Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/inforerp/
- Join the conversation – www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers