Chicago, IL – Jan 16, 2013 – CohesiveFT, a leader in enterprise application-to-cloud migration and application software defined networking (SDN), today announced the availability of the OS Catalog on their two Server3 SaaS implementations. The OS Catalog is part of an image management system based on CohesiveFT's Server3 offering, providing cloud users with improved import experience and expanded operating system support.
The OS Catalog is available both in IBM SCE on Smart.ElasticServer.com and AWS EC2 along with many other clouds on beta.ElasticServer.com. Users can choose to build and customize their own VM starting with the available base OS images and add custom software component stacks. Cloud and software providers can offer cloud users improved import experience and expanded operating system support. Currently, cloud users can select images from the CentOS Server family to build and deploy to a cloud of their choice. Additional operating system families will be rolled out over the coming weeks.
Smart.ElasticServer.com and beta.ElasticServer.com are partner and community focused implementations of the Server3 Image Automation platform. Server3 allows users to import, transform, and deliver virtual machines to the large variety of cloud deployment targets.
The OS Catalog is unlike any other provider catalogues because it:
- Allows easy navigation and selection of OS images for cloud deployment
- Showcases software providers' message and supporting content
- Guides users to make a more informed/in-system decision on which base image to use for a particular deployment.
- Provides Cloud Service Providers both an operational function, (image deployment to user's cloud account), and a marketing function, (branding and messaging relating to their OS and software content offerings).
- Gives users choices ranging from CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu and launch these images as either Desktop or Server version in 32 or 64bit format.