Loudwater, UK. – 03 December, 2013 Ultra Electronics AEP, has today announced the integration of its Keyper hardware security module with one of the world’s most commonly-used databases. Support for Oracle Advanced Security, an option for Oracle Database 12c means that master encryption keys can be stored entirely separately from the existing database and protected within the FIPS-accredited Keyper HSM. This offers greater database security and centralized key management since the master encryption keys never leave the secure confines of the HSM.
Keyper HSM is designed to work with the existing Oracle Advanced Security built-in key management and offers the following advantages:
- TDE keys are stored and never leave the confines of the hardened FIPS 140-2 Level 4 and Common Criteria EAL 4+ certified cryptographic modules with no changes to applications required
- All encryption and decryption, digital signing and verification operations are performed within the HSM to deliver enhances levels of performance, availability and security to ensure business processes and systems are running efficiently
- Restricted, role based access control
- Auditing ease of management and Integration
- Centralized network appliance performs all key management functions in a secure location
Mark Southam, Senior consultant at Ultra Electronics AEP explains: “The integration of Keyper with Oracle Advanced Security provides Oracle users with a powerful new layer to protect their intellectual property. By generating and keeping encryption keys entirely separate from their database and within a tamper reactive, Ethernet-connected HSM, firms can be assured they are doing all they can to guard against the hugely damaging effects of security breaches and data loss whilst complying fully with best practices and industry regulations.”
About AEP Networks
AEP provides trusted security everywhere and develops the highest grade security and communication technologies, securing data regardless of device, environment or location, tested and accredited to industry security standards, including FIPS 140-2 Level 4 and CAPS to IL3/IL4. Trusted by businesses, governments and the defence sector, its extensive portfolio of products and solutions protect the integrity of very sensitive data and are extremely reliable, survivable and resilient. AEP is a business unit of Ultra Electronics an internationally successful security, defence and aerospace company with a long, consistent track record of development and growth. Ultra businesses constantly innovate to create solutions to customer requirements that are different from, and better than competitors.
 United States Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 4