April 29, 2013, Fairfax County, VA, USA – World Risk Day 2013, the second annual awareness day focused on the importance of effective risk management, has announced the schedule of speakers for the World Risk Day Virtual Summit, taking place on Tuesday, May 14, 2013. The Virtual Summit will feature a program of webinars, interviews and live Q&A sessions with best-in-class project managers and risk practitioners from around the world. This year’s Virtual Summit will build on the success of the inaugural World Risk Day in 2012, which attracted 2,300 registrations from around the globe.
“Successful project delivery is increasingly important to all types of organizations and to overall global economic growth. That is why this year’s World Risk Day theme is ‘Shattering the Project Myth’. We want to shatter the idea that project success is guaranteed by a focus on cost and schedule alone,” said Chris Bell, CMO of Active Risk, a Founding Supporter of World Risk Day. “This year’s Virtual Summit will explore a wide range of risk management topics, illustrating how the better management of risk is vital to successful project delivery. I’m very excited to be a part of the Virtual Summit lineup, which once again features world class speakers.”
The World Risk Day 2013 Virtual Summit webinar sessions include:
- Christoph Schwager, Chief Risk Officer, EADS – “Developing a holistic approach to risk management”
- Norman Anderson, President & CEO, CG/LA Infrastructure – “What lessons can be learned from the world’s Top 100 infrastructure projects?”
- Rob Halstead, Head of Risk Management, Crossrail – “Strategies for successful collaborative risk management with contractors and the supply chain”
- Lieutenant Barry McNally, Lieutenant Commander Steve Lee, The Royal Navy – “Making the business case for risk management”
- Michael Lopez, Senior Associate, Strategic Innovation Group, Booz Allen Hamilton – “What makes a great risk manager and how innovation projects influence risk management success?”
- David Hillson, Risk Doctor and Partners – “New concepts in understanding and managing risk in projects”
- Chris Bell, Chief Marketing Officer, Active Risk – “Shattering the project myth – managing cost and schedule alone doesn’t equal project success”
The World Risk Day Virtual Summit is free to attend and open to all. Participants may register at http://www.worldriskday.com/virtual-summit. Due to high interest, additional speakers are still being added to the program on the web site.
About World Risk Day
Founded in 2012, World Risk Day is an independent awareness day focused on the opportunities that come from taking smarter risks. This year’s event, with the theme “Shattering the Project Myth”, will feature a free Virtual Summit, an online resource center, and social media discussion, creating a global forum for business leaders to share best practices on how taking smarter risks drives project outcomes, and ultimately, profitability within organizations.
North America Contact:
Rachel Colello, Zer0 to 5ive
Mary Phillips/Andreina West
PR Artistry Limited
+44 (0)1491 639500