Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (3 April 2013)—Many aredeclaring 2013 as the year of the hack. ISACA’s recent cybersecurity survey of more than 1,500 security professionals found that more than one in five respondents’ enterprises have experienced an advanced persistent threat (APT) attack. More than 60 percent of survey respondents say that it’s only a matter of time before their enterprise is targeted. To help enterprises prepare and protect against cyberattacks,ISACA, a global association of 100,000 IT professionals, is hosting a free virtual conference, titled The State of Cybersecurity, on Wednesday, 24 April 2013, from 8:45 a.m.-5:30 p.m. CDT (UTC–6).
Experts presenting at this virtual conference will provide practical guidance on the latest cyberthreats and how to protect against them. Sessions include:
- Emerging Threat Update, presented by Kevin Beaver, independent information security consultant and Hacking for Dummies author
- Cyberespionage: How the US Government is Addressing Top Challenges, presented by Theresa M. Grafenstine, inspector general for the US House of Representatives, and Dr. Ron Ross, senior computer scientist and information security researcher, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Enabling Business Through Mobile Security,presented by Jack Gold, founder and principal analyst at J. Gold Associates
- Cloud, Cyberthreats and Defense Strategies, presented by Chenxi Wang, vice president and principal analyst serving security and risk professionals, Forrester Research Inc.
“If 2013 is the year of the hack, it also needs to be the year of better cybersecurity,” said Greg Grocholski, CISA, international president of ISACA and global business finance director for the Ventures and Business Development unit within The Dow Chemical Company. “ISACA’s virtual conference in April will provide cybersecurity guidance and updates that every IT professional needs to be prepared this year. Attendees will learn what cybercriminals are up to and how to stay ahead of potential attacks.”
During the virtual seminar, participants can attend sessions, connect with other attendees and “visit” exhibitor booths. Attendees can earn up to five free continuing professional education (CPE) hours. To register for the event, visit www.isaca.org/elearning. To learn more about ISACA’s global events, including the upcoming North America CACS conference in Dallas and INSIGHTS 2013 in Berlin, visit www.isaca.org/conferences.
With more than 100,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA® (www.isaca.org) is a leading global provider of knowledge, certifications, community, advocacy and education on information systems (IS) assurance and security, enterprise governance and management of IT, and IT-related risk and compliance. Founded in 1969, the nonprofit, independent ISACA hosts international conferences, publishes the ISACA®Journal, and develops international IS auditing and control standards, which help its constituents ensure trust in, and value from, information systems. It also advances and attests IT skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® (CGEIT®) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™ (CRISC™) designations.
ISACA continually updates and expands the practical guidance and product family based on the COBIT® framework. COBIT helps IT professionals and enterprise leaders fulfill their IT governance and management responsibilities, particularly in the areas of assurance, security, risk and control, and deliver value to the business.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
- LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
- ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge–center
+44 (0) 207 183 2836