Leeds, 2nd April 2013, Security and compliance company, RandomStorm, has appointed Jim Seaman as a senior security consultant. The company has grown its staff by ten per cent in the past twelve months, as more organisations focus on securing customer data and payment details.
RandomStorm provides vulnerability management products and consultancy services, to help companies in the public sector, retail, hospitality, financial and utility industries to improve and maintain their security posture. The company is a CESG CHECK security consultancy and certified as a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
Seaman brings specialist skills in cyber security, information assurance, defence in depth and combatting the insider threat, gained during his 23 year military career, during which he attained the rank of Sergeant. He has also gained information security and risk management skills in the financial sector, during his employment with a large banking group. He holds a Masters degree in Security Management and transferred his knowledge to the corporate sector by attaining the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard QSA certifications.
During his time working with the Royal Air Force (RAF), Seaman gained extensive experience in the application of the Defence Manual of Security (JSP440), Corporate Governance & Risk Management, (JSP 525) and Security Risk Management in the RAF (AP3085 & AP3085A). Following his successful completion of the RAF Police Counter Intelligence course in 2002, Jim has enjoyed numerous appointments on Specialist Security duties, at both unit and regional levels in the UK and overseas.
At the unit level, Jim was responsible for providing Information Assurance and security advice to executive personnel and investigative resources to support the protection of critical and highly sensitive assets.
At the regional level, Jim was appointed to the RAF Special Branch to provide specialist security, risk and intelligence support to military establishments within the Area Of Responsibility (AOR).
Commenting on his move to civilian security consultancy, Seaman said, "RandomStorm offered me the best potential to use my expansive skillset. I like the way that the management team take my ideas on board and I also have the opportunity to employ my PTTLS level 4 training to develop the skills of other security professionals within the team.”
Andrew Mason, CTO of RandomStorm said, "Jim Seaman is a great example of a security professional who is committed to ongoing learning and who is willing to share expertise with his team. Nothing stands still in the information security world. As hackers and cyber thieves are constantly changing tactics to try to outwit corporate defences, we need to be equally nimble to stay on top of the latest threats and help our customers to remain secure and compliant. By recruiting consultants from a range of disciplines and encouraging them to share ideas and expertise, we can strengthen our team and continue to stay ahead of the latest developments in information security.”
- CESG CHECK http://www.cesg.gov.uk/servicecatalogue/CHECK/Pages/WhatisCHECK.aspx
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Council https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
- ISACA Certified Security Information Manager (CISM) http://www.isaca.org/Certification/CISM-Certified-Information-Security-Manager/Pages/default.aspx?utm_source=multiple&utm_medium=multiple&utm_content=friendly&utm_campaign=cism
- ASIS: the leading organisation for security professionals https://www.asisonline.org/Pages/default.aspx
- ISO 27001 International information security best practice guidelines http://www.bsigroup.co.uk/en-GB/iso-27001-information-security/
- ISACA https://www.isaca.org/Pages/default.aspx
- The Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) https://www.iisp.org/imis15/iisp/Membership/CCP_Scheme/iisp/CCP/Non_Member/CCP%20Home.aspx?hkey=f694d7b9-8645-4838-ad24-c3fe4545611c
- PTLLS (Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) http://www.cityandguilds.com/Courses-and-Qualifications/learning/teaching/6302-preparing-to-teach-in-the-lifelong-learning-sector-ptlls
RandomStorm is a UK-based network security risk management and compliance company, focused on providing enterprise-level, proactive security management tools and services. RandomStorm’s experienced and certified security experts are able to offer customers a wide range of integrated world-class security risk assessment and vulnerability remediation services. Covering initial consultancy and gap analysis through to network and application testing, as well as managing client’s business compliance accreditation process, RandomStorm aims to work with organisations to ensure that their security investment is fully optimised on a 24/7/365 basis.
RandomStorm’s core products are supported by a range of complementary monitoring, alerting and remediation tools and services developed under the RandomStorm Open Source Initiative.
RandomStorm is a CESG CHECK security consultancy as well as a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).