Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (11 December 2012)—Cloud is increasingly being used in businesses worldwide, which means that security must now involve a hybrid approach to protect the apps and data hosted in the cloud. ISACA, a global association of 100,000 IT professionals, will provide security tactics for the hybrid cloud during its free virtual conference titled Secure the Hybrid Cloud: Protecting Users, APIs and Devices on Wednesday, 12 December 2012, from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. CDT (UTC-5).
Experts presenting at this virtual conference will drill into practical actions for users and suppliers.
Attendees can learn to:
- Control and manage data and apps in cloud environments.
- Discover how the Cloud Security Readiness Tool can simplify decision-making through its use of the Cloud Security Alliance’s Cloud Control Matrix
- Utilize ISACA’s toolkit based on COBIT 5 for Information Security to identify the most relevant security factors for their enterprise’s specific situations
- Identify data analytics to evaluate and improve cloud adoption and security
- Keynote Andy Thurai, of Intel Application Security and Identity Products, who will discuss enabling the secure API economy for the enterprise
- Frank Simorjay, CISSP, ISSA Distinguished Fellow, of Microsoft Trustworthy Computing, who will present “How the Cloud Security Readiness Tool Can Simplify Cloud Adoption”
- Robert Craig, of McAfee, Inc., who will provide guidance to manage identity in the cloud
- Yves LeRoux, CISM, CISSP, of CA Technologies, who will provide security considerations for decision-making for the cloud
- Ron Speed, CISA, CRISC, CA, CCSK, of TrustedImpact, who will take an in-depth look at cloud computing and how to evaluate options in cloud services
- Ron Hale, Ph.D., CISM, of ISACA, who will present on the findings of the Cloud Market Maturity study recently conducted by ISACA and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
“Cloud computing is nothing new, but implementing plans to maintain control of it are ongoing, evolving challenges,” said Greg Grocholski, CISA, international president of ISACA and chief audit executive at The Dow Chemical Company. “Attendees will leave the conference with valuable tools to protect and govern their enterprises’ cloud computing activities and help ensure trust in and value from their information systems.”
During the virtual seminar, participants can attend sessions, connect with other attendees and “visit” exhibitor booths. Attendees can earn up to six free continuing professional education (CPE) hours. To learn more about ISACA’s global events, visit www.isaca.org/conferences.
About ISACA’s Cloud Computing InitiativeISACA has been a pioneer in cloud governance, risk and compliance (GRC). A member of the Cloud Security Alliance, the association has published IT Control Objectives for Cloud Computing, a cloud computing audit program and cloud-related white papers, and holds cloud-related education sessions worldwide. Its flagship COBIT 5 framework for the governance and management of IT helps enterprises worldwide with effective governance of cloud initiatives.
With more than 100,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA® (www.isaca.org) is a leading global provider of knowledge, certifications, community, advocacy and education on information systems (IS) assurance and security, enterprise governance and management of IT, and IT-related risk and compliance. Founded in 1969, the nonprofit, independent ISACA hosts international conferences, publishes the ISACA® Journal, and develops international IS auditing and control standards, which help its constituents ensure trust in, and value from, information systems. It also advances and attests IT skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® (CGEIT®) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™ (CRISC™) designations.
ISACA continually updates and expands the practical guidance and product family based on the COBIT® framework. COBIT helps IT professionals and enterprise leaders fulfill their IT governance and management responsibilities, particularly in the areas of assurance, security, risk and control, and deliver value to the business.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
- LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
- ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge–center
+44 (0) 207 183 2836