London, UK – September 26, 2013 – Apriso, the leading provider of global manufacturing software solutions, today announced availability of Apriso for Paperless Manufacturing. Built on Apriso’s FlexNet, a platform for global manufacturing operations management, this solution lets manufacturers better manage the complexities and details of plant floor operations without paper. With this solution, engineers can better interact with shop floor operations by updating design and manufacturing instruction without the use of bulky paper or paper-based sign off processes. Approvals can now be streamlined through digital representations that are captured and maintained for as long as deemed necessary.
Apriso for Paperless Manufacturing scales from a basic paperless offering – electronic work instructions and reports that enhance intra-plant communications – to a complete, enterprise solution covering paperless processes in production, warehouse, quality, maintenance and labour operations. Manufacturers can now better manage Electronic Work Instructions, Engineering Change Orders, New Product Introductions and Manufacturing Intelligence to drive improved operational performance without paper, while achieving new levels of efficiency, visibility, compliance and traceability.
Manufacturers going paperless with this Apriso solution are achieving the following benefits:
- Quickly know what design is current – regardless the frequency of change – without wasting time searching through dozens of paper designs and instructions books
- Review paperless “as built” histories faster, more accurately, to better support recall, warranty or other customer support activities
- Avoid travelling onsite to change documents and/or work instructions
- Quickly find quality-impacted materials at any location, without searching through large volumes of printed reports
- Virtually eliminate the task of trying to find missing or lost orders or travellers
- Instantly and accurately know an order status – regardless of where physically located – without having to walk around the shop floor to check every workstation or traveller/docket
- Extend paperless processes beyond production-based activities to a wider “footprint” of operations processes, which includes the synchronising of material flows and maintenance activities to reduce downtime and improve throughput capacity
- Seamlessly track time and labour activities – ensuring proper costing, auditing and compliance processes
“Paperless manufacturing is rapidly becoming a requirement for both competitive and regulatory reasons. Many of today’s leading manufacturers already use Apriso's comprehensive capabilities to expand their paperless operations,” stated John Fishell, vice president of product management at Apriso / Dassault Systèmes. “Apriso for Paperless Manufacturing packages these capabilities into a solution that should resonate well with both existing and new clients. Apriso’s wide extent of operational knowledge, implementation experience, and scalable offering ensures ready access to the full benefits and potential of paperless manufacturing, both now and in the future.”
Apriso for Paperless Manufacturing includes global traceability and containment, captured and delivered electronically, in real-time. By delivering enhanced visibility, quality can be proactively managed to reduce the impact of recalls, improve on-time shipments, contain and resolve quality issues quickly while enabling faster response in today’s highly dynamic, global marketplace. Businesses can choose to go paperless with dozens of other capabilities as part of their strategy to replace paper-based processes, including:
- Electronic Work Instructions
- Electronic Manufacturing Records
- Visual Quality Defect Tracking
- Machine and Labour tracking
- Shop Floor Replenishment
- Electronic Batch Records (EBRs)
- Electronic Device History Records (eDHRs)
- Electronic travelers, among others
Apriso offers manufacturers the widest possible footprint for paperless manufacturing. By transferring up-to-the-minute work instructions, data, signals, alerts, KPIs and operations intelligence from any location to another, Apriso is empowering global manufacturers to eliminate slow, costly paper-based operations to achieve a new level of agility and competitiveness through this proven, scalable paperless solution.
Dedicated to helping manufacturers transform their global operations, Apriso enables its clients to achieve and sustain operational excellence while adapting quickly to change. Apriso's FlexNet is a BPM platform-based software solution that supports global continuous improvement by delivering visibility into, control over and synchronisation across manufacturing and the product supply network. Select Apriso customers include GM, Volvo CE, Honeywell, L'Oréal, Trixell, Lockheed Martin, Bombardier, Textron Systems, MBDA, Saint-Gobain and Essilor.
Apriso was acquired by Dassault Systèmes, as part of a strategy to better extend the reach of engineering and design applications down to the shop floor. Apriso’s FlexNet is now part of the DELMIA suite of manufacturing applications, within Dassault Systèmes’ 3DExperience Platform. Apriso and Dassault Systèmes serve 170,000 customers across 140 countries. Learn more at apriso.com, visit our blog at apriso.com/blog, or follow the company on Twitter at @Apriso. Learn more about Dassault Systèmes at 3ds.com.