- Delivers New Aspen HYSYS®, Solids Modeling Within Aspen Plus®,
- New Aspen PIMS™ Platinum and Aspen Collaborative Demand Manager™, and
- Breakthrough Innovations in Advanced Process Control, Energy and Economic Analysis
Reading, UK – 10 December, 2012 – Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced the release of aspenONE V8 software. aspenONE V8 delivers a new version of Aspen HYSYS; solids modeling functionality (acquired from SolidSim earlier this year) integrated within Aspen Plus; the new Aspen PIMS Platinum; a new version of Aspen Collaborative Demand Manager, and breakthrough innovations in advanced process control, energy and economic analysis.
With aspenONE V8, new and occasional users become proficient faster, and experienced users can do more. This is critical for process industry companies facing workforce development and skills shortages. Usability and visualisation enhancements in aspenONE V8 also enable users to collaborate more easily, shortening project times and increasing productivity.
Highlights of the new products and innovations in aspenONE V8 include:
- A new Aspen HYSYS. The energy industry’s leading process simulator redefines simulation usability with a redesigned interface, streamlined workflow and interactive analysis. The new HYSYS makes it faster and easier to generate optimised process simulations for the hydrocarbon industry -- from upstream to refining.
- Solids modeling integrated within the simulation environment. The integration of recently acquired SolidSim technology into Aspen Plus eliminates silos between previously disparate solids and liquids modeling processes. This makes it possible to optimise all chemical processes together for the first time.
- The new “Activate” feature in Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS. This industry first in process optimisation allows process engineers to find energy and capital cost savings faster. Through activated energy, process engineers can quickly identify ways to change designs to reduce energy, saving design time and future operating cost. Employing activated economics, process engineers can apply science rather than intuition to ensuring the best use of capital.
aspenONE Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- New “Adaptive Process Control” in aspenONE APC. This new functionality automates many of the tasks that traditionally required control engineering resources. With Adaptive Process Control, process manufacturers can sustain advanced process control performance by making maintenance a continuous process.
- The introduction of Aspen PIMS™ Platinum. The latest addition to the aspenONE Petroleum Supply Chain product line enables planners to collaborate more easily to deliver optimal plans faster. They can visualise and evaluate multiple scenarios along with plant data to make better, more profitable decisions.
- A new Aspen Collaborative Demand Manager™. A rich and engaging user experience provides the information granularity customers need to manage different forecasting requirements. Process manufacturers can improve demand forecast accuracy to increase customer service levels, reduce excess inventory, and provide better input to purchasing decisions.
The aspenONE V8 release is available immediately. For more information visit the aspenONE V8 web page.
Christo Viljoen, Director, Engineering Solutions Group, Petrofac : “The New HYSYS looks great and is a step ahead in terms of ease of use. The innovations that AspenTech has introduced in aspenONE V8 will help Petrofac optimise designs for customers, reduce project risks and improve the quality and speed of our process engineering work.”
Sriram Ramaganesan, Director, APC, Valero : “The new Adaptive Process Control is game changing technology. We achieved the objective of obtaining quality data without unduly disturbing the process or sacrificing economic objectives. The operators hardly noticed there was a step test going on. I think this technology will greatly improve our ability to work on multiple units in parallel.”
Paul Gallagher, Refinery Planning Manager, Samsung Engineering : “Aspen PIMS Platinum changes the way that planners can make decisions, making it faster and easier. The post solution analysis capability has been significantly enhanced with this new set of features including 2-D or 3-D graphs. Seeing the LP solution space visually is a sea-change in planning analysis and should result in better plans and greater profitability.”
Phil Edwards, Staff Scientist - Process Modelling Specialist, SABIC : “Activated analysis in Aspen Plus V8 makes it very easy to see key performance indicators including capital and operating costs, energy demand, and carbon footprint. This feature maintains awareness of key cost drivers and helps guide better decisions.”
Ingrid Lunt-Rieg, Head of Process Modeling and CFD, Evonik : “We have been using Aspen Plus and SolidSim to model the fluids and solids sections of our processes. The integration of SolidSim into Aspen Plus enables us to design and optimize the entire process with one simulator and consistent physical properties.”
Manolis Kotzabasakis, Executive Vice President, Products, AspenTech : “Our product teams are passionate about developing breakthroughs in process software, finding new ways for customers to optimize their operations. aspenONE V8 extends the boundaries of process optimisation; our customers are very excited by the value already it is already delivering. As we continue to make aspenONE software easier to use, more process industry professionals will be able to work together to make faster and more profitable decisions for their companies.”
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimising their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world’s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com
© 2012 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence. OPTIMIZE and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.