- Figures from the Department of Business Skills and Innovation reveal that SMBs make up 99% of all businesses and account for 59% of all private sector employment and 49% of all private sector turnover. For the UK economy to continue growing, SMBs must play a crucial role.
- On Wednesday 25th September Kronos hosted an industry roundtable debate with a selection of owners and managers from UK SMB organisations and representatives from UK business associations. The attendees shared their experiences of managing a workforce and the challenges they have faced and overcome.
- Challenges discussed included leadership and employee engagement, effective communication, managing productivity, switching from manual to automated processes, enabling flexible working patterns, managing seasonal shifts and fluctuations, skills gaps, legislation and zero-hour contracts.
- Kronos has commissioned an independent whitepaper, based on interviews with SMB organisations and industry bodies which encapsulate these issues. It also offers guidance for how begin addressing these issues. The Report is entitled ‘Unlocking Your Workforce Potential’ and can be downloaded here [insert weblink to report hosted on Kronos.co.uk]
- Alongside the launch of ‘Unlocking Your Workforce Potential’, Kronos is also announcing the release of its cloud Kronos® Workforce Ready™ suite in Europe to give small and midsize businesses access to workforce management solutions that previous were only available to enterprise organisations.
- Workforce Ready enables businesses to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Workforce Ready gives SMBs the advantages of an enterprise-class workforce management solution with single-source access to easily analyse and manage real-time employee data.
- Chris Marjara, director, Kronos UK
“At our roundtable debate it was fascinating to see SMB organisations sharing their experiences of managing a workforce and to understand the challenges and issues they face. Many organisations start small, but as they develop, they experience a combination of different pressures and growing pains which affect productivity and performance of the workforce. It’s interesting to see how many organisations share these same problems. Kronos is committed to the idea that UK SMBs can take proactive and tangible steps right now to unlock the potential of their workforce. We urge business from all industry sectors to download the report and see how they can begin unlocking their workforce potential today.”
- Download the ‘Unlocking Your Workforce Potential’ report here [insert weblink to report hosted on Kronos.co.uk]
- For more information on the Kronos® Workforce Ready™ suite click here.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark and Workforce Ready and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.