- The Kronos implementation is part of a five-year transformation plan at Hall & Woodhouse to become the most highly regarded public house/restaurant chain in the UK. Workforce management is a key area of the overarching project designed to change both culture and processes across the organisation.
- By using Kronos time and attendance and forecasting and scheduling applications, Hall & Woodhouse is able to accurately forecast team member levels based on historical sales data and known labour standards. Kronos creates optimum schedules based on sales forecasts and employee skills. The solution has helped Hall & Woodhouse challenge long-held assumptions about required team member levels, gain greater visibility into how working hours are used, and allowed the organisation to quickly flex staffing levels to sales.
- Kronos ensures that the right people are scheduled in the right place, at the right time and at the optimum cost, with schedules that start and end at 15-minute intervals. This reduces the possibility of over-staffing which often happens when employees are scheduled at hourly intervals.
- Additional benefits of Kronos include: confidence in hours worked due to biometric data collection used to verify an employees’ identity; a better understanding of exactly where hours were worked; and improved forecasting, which leads to increased stock control, better hospitality, and improved team morale.
- The organisation also uses the revolutionary new time clock, the Kronos InTouch™ to record employee working time, and offer an intuitive interface for team members to access their own information. This further reduces the level of manager administration required to answer queries.
Duncan Rouse, transformation manager, Hall & Woodhouse : “A significant driver for this project is to increase sales per labour hour – a key performance indicator in our sector. It’s not an exercise in cutting costs – more an opportunity to accurately align team members with forecast demand, eliminate under- and over-staffing, and ensure that we have enough people in the right areas to deliver the high levels of service expected from our customers.”
Simon Macpherson, senior director of operations, Kronos EMEA : “Hall & Woodhouse is committed to its five-year transformation plan and understands that its people management processes are key to achieving this goal. The ability to automate and accurately forecast sales alongside the optimum number of employees required to meet this demand will contribute significantly to its transformation plan.”
- About Hall & Woodhouse
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring and labour analytics applications at www.kronos.co.uk
Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark and InTouch and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners