London – January 15, 2013
- Zuora, the global leader in subscription commerce, billing & finance, today announced it continues to strengthen its presence and focus in Europe with the appointment of Kevin Kimber as Vice President of EMEA.
- Kimber joins Zuora from ServiceNow, a leading provider of SaaS services that automates enterprise IT operations. While at ServiceNow, Kimber served as EMEA founder and helped drive explosive growth whilst working with many of the largest global enterprise companies to realise the value of SaaS.
- Kimber was responsible for launching and building ServiceNow, building partnerships across sectors, and making ServiceNow the valued player it is today.
- As Vice President of EMEA for Zuora, Kimber will oversee Zuora’s EMEA operations, focusing on business development and revenue growth in the region, as well as reinforcing Zuora’s place at the heart of the Subscription Economy.
Zuora’s growth in Europe accelerating
- In 2012, Zuora doubled its customer base in Europe, expanding into 12 additional countries and achieving year-over-year growth of 68 percent, as enterprise and emerging companies looked to take advantage of the evolving Subscription Economy.
- Zuora customers such as News International, Sage, Firehost, Evenbase, Pearson and Price & Quote have all capitalised on the growing trend of consumers and enterprises subscribing to services versus purchasing products, turning to Zuora to help them monetise their subscribers.
- Zuora will look to continue its success within the region as enterprise and emerging companies look to award-winning company as an alternative to clunky enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
Track Record in Growing European SaaS businesses
- Founder of ServiceNow’s EMEA operations, Kimber was part of the senior management team that saw the company reach the $100 million global revenue point in March 2011, faster than any other enterprise IT technology vendor. The company had its initial public offering in June 2012.
- Kimber led the EMEA elements of this growth, receiving recognition from the UK IT Industry Awards, and opening offices in Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt and Paris in just over five years.
- Previous experience also includes a senior management role at Fox IT, a global independent Service Management specialist, where he led transformation engagements for enterprises organisations.
- “More companies, from startups to enterprises, are adopting subscription based models as the new cloud, mobile and social trends drive innovation. Zuora is responsible for driving this transformation and becoming the trusted partner for those organisations in the subscription economy” said Kimber. “I am delighted to join the management team at Zuora and to amplify the company’s already impressive rates of growth and expansion across the region.”
- “Zuora has experienced explosive growth and demand for our services across the globe over the past twelve months. To continue to support ongoing demand and service innovation, we are committed to building an international leadership team with unmatched experience and talent,” said Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo. “Kevin has a proven track record in leadership, growth and service excellence within the European SaaS industry which will be instrumental for Zuora’s customers and partners to thrive in the Subscription Economy.”