Verdiem, a leader in IT energy management software, has announced that it has helped its customers save more than $50 million in 2012 with its IT energy management solutions. More than 700 companies with 2.5 million power-managed devices experienced up to a 60 percent reduction in energy waste, delivering substantial savings as a result.
“In today’s environment, where cutting costs is part of the ‘new normal,’ Verdiem delivers a quick energy efficiency win – often in less than six months – with meaningful savings for organisations across industries and sizes,” said John Scumniotales, president and CEO of Verdiem. “By reducing IT energy waste, those dollars that would have gone to the utility can now be directed back into the core business – hiring more staff, funding essential programs, or fuelling R&D projects.”
Businesses across many industries – such as education, financial services and healthcare – benefit from Verdiem’s solutions. In 2012, Verdiem experienced nearly 300 percent revenue growth in the healthcare market alone. Verdiem’s flexible approach allows even the most complex healthcare environment to achieve significant energy savings. Although many critical systems must be powered on constantly, healthcare organisations have a significant number of devices that can be put to sleep when not in use, resulting in major savings.
In the UK organisations such as Staffordshire University and South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust are successfully using Verdiem's IT energy management software. In the US, one customer example - Partners HealthCare - saves nearly $1.5 million per year using Verdiem.
Verdiem has achieved the following successes in 2012:
- More than 10 years of deep IT energy management expertise
- 700 customers using 2.5 million devices managed by Verdiem
- 33 percent year-over-year growth and cash-flow positive
- Named “Best of Breed Vendor” by industry analyst firm Ovum
- Selected as a Finalist for UK Institute of Engineering and Technology Innovation Awards
- Selected as a Finalist for Washington’s Best Workplace Award by Puget Sound Business Journal
New product availability:
Further expanded its reach into the SMB market and entered the “smart building” energy management market with the introduction of:
- VBOX, a fully integrated software and hardware solution for an easy, quick and affordable deployment
- Connect for Smart Buildings, enabling a 360° view of energy consumption across facilities and IT to significantly reduce energy waste
Organisations of all kinds are benefiting from Verdiem’s IT energy management solutions to help serve their operational efficiency goals. As examples, a large banking institution was able to save the company more than $13,000 per month on its energy bill after energy prices spiked; a school district realised enough cost savings to cover several full-time teacher salaries; and one government organisation was able to set an example for its local business community by becoming a better steward to the environment while enjoying a $15,000 reduction on their annual energy bill at the same time.