4th February 2013, London and Barcelona: The Hot Topics team has today announced an all-star speaker line-up for its third annual Barcelona event. Hot Topics Events have become recognised as the platform through which global technology leaders, innovators & influencers connect, understand and shape the industry.
Featuring leaders and innovators from the mobile and investment communities, the executive panellists include:
- Andrew Gardiner – Director, Barclays Global Equity Research
- Bob Goodman - General Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Daniel Gurrola - Corporate Strategy Director, Orange
- Frank Maduri - Senior Director, NFC, Mobile Wallet & Mobile Payments, Blackberry
- Hill Ferguson - VP of Global Product, PayPal
- Miles Kirby - Managing Director, Qualcomm Ventures Europe
- Nancy Cruickshank - CEO, Weve
- Roberto Bonanzinga - Partner, Balderton Capital
- Shoaib Makani - Partner, Khosla Venture
- Tracy Isacke - Head of Silicon Valley & Venture Investing, Telefonica Digital
At this event, delegates will be treated to two highly-interactive panel discussions:
- Hot Topic 1 - Local Commerce: Disruptive Deals
The rise of the smartphone means the hundreds of billions of dollars merchants spend on local marketing is up for grabs. Who will grab it?
- Hot Topic 2 – Red Hot Topics
A panel of seasoned TMT investors debate and discuss the hottest developments in the industry.
Hot Topics has a pedigree in attracting the some of the global technology industry’s most influential executives to its events. Each event comprises thought-provoking debate on the industry’s most pertinent topical issues. This is then followed by a high-level networking session with the panellists and other delegates. Hot Topics hosts four showpiece events each year. These take place in Barcelona, London, Stockholm and San Francisco.
“We pride ourselves not only on the calibre of our speakers and attendees, but also on the provocative debates we stimulate during our events,” said Philip Randerson, Founder, Hot Topics and Managing Director of European Leaders. “Critically, our events provide an exclusive networking opportunity for our industry’s seasoned executives, investors and hottest start-ups. At Hot Topics we also facilitate elevated commercial activity through the wider networking we provide”.
Hot Topics is an invitation-only platform for the top influencers of the global technology industry to connect through a weekly publication and quarterly events. More details can be seen here www.hottopicsevents.com Invitations may be requested here.
Event logistics: Hot Topics Barcelona 2013 takes place on Monday, 25th February, between 6.30pm and 10.00pm
Service Delivery Executive
Tel: +44 (0)1522 883640