Technology / Business News on IT-Director.com
IT-Director.com is a news portal which offers free resources to senior technology and business professionals. On this site you will find a mix of independent analysis, articles, blogs and opinion pieces, analyst research papers and topical events.
The Latest Opinion & Analysis
Getting a Smart City working
Some of you may have not heard of the term "Smart City". Wikipedia defines this term as "an urban development vision to integrate multiple information and communication technology solutions in a...
Simon Holloway, Bloor Research | 17th August 2016
Cybersecurity crosses the chasm: How IT now looks to the cloud for best security
A cybersecurity transformation discussion on how cloud security is rapidly advancing, and how enterprises can begin to prevail over digital disruption.
Dana Gardner, Interarbor Solutions | 17th August 2016
Modelling business decisions
I am a huge believer in using business rules management software, embedded in automated systems, to handle the business decision logic. Business rules can be related directly to the day-to-day...
David Norfolk, Bloor Research | 16th August 2016
Modelling business decisions - There is now a standards-based approach to modelling and managing business decisions
I am a huge believer in using business rules management software, embedded in automated systems, to handle the business decision logic...
David Norfolk, Bloor Research | 14th August 2016
Legacy, a reassessment - Legacy applications may be generating the profits that are paying for your innovation
I always get a bit irritated whenever I hear someone talking disparagingly about legacy technology, often in a Mainframe context. If I hear that a long lost uncle has left me a legacy, I usually feel...
David Norfolk, Bloor Research | 12th August 2016
Using Sales Management Solutions to Boost Sales Productivity and Customer Satisfaction
SMB Group research consistently shows SMBs view attracting new customers, growing revenues, maintaining profitability, improving cash flow and improving customer experience and retention as their top...
Laurie McCabe, SMB Group | 10th August 2016
- How software-defined storage translates into just-in-time data center scaling and hybrid IT benefits
- Zizo: the analytics
- How IT innovators turn digital disruption into a business productivity force multiplier
- Infrastructure as destiny - How Purdue builds an IT support fabric for big data-enabled IoT
- How UPS automates supply chain management and gains greater insight for procurement efficiency
- How the Citrix Technology Professionals Program produces user experience benefits
Business & Technology News
Business headlines from BBC News:
- Viacom boss Philippe Dauman resigns following $72m settlement
- My Shop: Brazilian store in London enjoys Olympic boost
- Night Tube begins in London, bringing 'huge boost' to capital
- The working renters whose homes are 'at risk'
- Sunshine or rain: What's the state of the UK economy?
- Brexit pushes Opel to cut staff hours in Germany
- Selfies fuel boom in make-up sales for Estee Lauder
- Will Brexit deal suit the City of London?
- T-Mobile deal 'may breach US net neutrality' rules
- FTSE 100 dips but Easyjet higher on bid speculation